Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday. Past and Present.

Saturday.  THE PAST.  Last week.

Last Saturday we went to our friend Payton’s 2nd Birthday Party.  It was a Minnie Mouse, zebra print, and pink and white polka dot themed party.  It was absolutely precious!  They had hot dogs and all the fixin’s, yummy fruit, Mickey/Minnie Mouse Chicken Nuggets, chips and Kristin’s yummy dips for everyone to eat.    And of course, yummy cake!!  Look at this cute cake!   I think Payton might or might not have taste tested the icing before the party.  Ha!

DSC_0399

And those Minnie Mouse chocolate suckers were so stinkin’ cute and Hayden thought they were delicious too! 

DSC_0406

This boy was loving him some Capri Sun too!

DSC_0398 DSC_0393 DSC_0396

I think sweet Payton was a little shy when everyone was singing to her but she got so excited opening her gifts.  I just love that those girls (Payton, Parker, and Grace) were all coordinating and and so stinkin’ cute!  Their momma’s, Kristin and Marla, have an etsy shop if you want to check it out! 

 DSC_0400DSC_0419_edited-1

Hayden thought he would sit back, relax, and take it all in! 

DSC_0403

Hayden loved Payton’s new playhouse.  He was so excited about it!   So was she!!DSC_0413 DSC_0415

I did not do a great job of getting pictures at the party. But, you should definitely go check out Kristin’s blog to see everything from the party!  Everything was just perfect!  Thank ya’ll for having us!!

Saturday, THE PRESENT.  Today.

This morning, I woke up bright and early (minus the bright at 5:00 AM), to head to the Komen Race for the Cure in Tyler with my mother in law Corene , sister in laws Sherry and Yolanda, and my niece Brooklyn.  We had so much fun!  I haven’t done a Komen walk since I was pregnant with Hayden and participated in the 3 day event with Jen.  We used to do the Komen walk in Dallas and the one in Tyler every year.  It was good to be back this year walking for my Momma, Mother in Law, and my Aunt Mary Helen! 

After we walked around gathering  our beads, free pens, and fans, Brooklyn and I hung out at the 5k finish line for a little while waiting and “cheering” everyone on (i.e. people watching).  There were A LOT of 5k runners from all ages and walks of life.  Really, quite fun to watch.

brooklyn

Brooklyn got her a medal for doing the kids 50 yard dash!  We were so proud of her!

Brooklyn and Nana stayed at the finish line while us girls did that 1 mile walk.  I think we started to break a sweat at the end.  That’s hard work you know.  ;-)  The best secrets are told during that 20 minute walk.  :-)  Love these girls!

Last night was Hayden’s first time to stay the night away from home without Jeff or I.  I didn’t get home until really late from a Thirty-One Party and Jeff had to work.  So, Hayden hung out with his Nanny, Granddaddy, and Aunt Robin.  I would say he did well.  I was really torn on whether I should take him today but I have to say I am really glad I didn’t.   Thank you Nanny, Granddaddy, and Aunt Robin!!!

PS…we just hit over 45,000 “hits” on our blog since right before Hayden was born.  Thank you to all our loyal followers.  And new ones too!  Welcome!  ;-)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thanks for posting about our shop!! We got some business from it!! :)