Friday, May 13, 2011

Our week in review!

Long time, not post.  Again.  I just realized that Hayden hadn’t had his picture taken in over a week until today.  That is just crazy in itself.   Ha!   

Our Mother’s Day was good!  Jeff let me sleep in and cooked breakfast.  We missed Sunday School but made it to church and I was so glad that Mom and Robin joined us!  Dad was out of town, so they even joined us for lunch at the Smith’s!  After a yummy “cook-out” lunch made by Lulu, Hayden and I came home and took a nap while Jeff got a few things done.  That night, Mom, Robin, and I went to the movies to see Something Borrowed.    Such a cute movie!  I love Emily Giffin’s books and loved the movie too!  I couldn’t tell you the last time I went to the movies.  We even got popcorn, cokes, and milk duds!  What a treat!!!!

Monday, Jeff played in the Guns and Hoses golf tournament that benefits families of fallen fire fighters and police officers.  Hayden and I just hung out at home Monday and Tuesday (as far as I can remember).  Of course, we have our daily visits with Nanny and Granddaddy!  We are so lucky to get to see them almost every day! 

Wednesday, Mom, Hayden, and I did a little shopping.  Then, Jen, Hudson, and Landree came over to visit for a little bit that afternoon and endured the stormy weather with us!  (YES, they are in town.  We are so excited!)  I think the kids were so excited to see each other!  Hudson enjoyed splashing in the water after the rain.   He is the only one that got his picture taken that afternoon.  No doubt there will be a lot more over the next several weeks!  :-)

DSC_0528DSC_0531  DSC_0529

Then, Hayden spent the evening with his Nanny and Granddaddy while I went to a meeting at church.  He got to bed late that night and I thought for sure he would sleep in on Thursday morning.  WRONG!  :-) 

Thursday, we just hung out at home except to go to the post office, grocery store, and Sonic to get  a “tea”.  This is Hayden’s new request.  He. is. not. spoiled.  HA!  Thursday night, Nana came to hang out with Hayden while I went to Robin’s academic banquet.  I am so glad I was able to go.  I still can’t believe this Senior year is coming to and end.  Just yesterday she was sleeping on my chest.  Thank you Nana for coming to watch Hayden!!

A few pictures from the evening…

  Robin and her BFF Stephanie

(I think Robin looks so much like me in this picture.  What do you think?)DSC_0534

Robin and her boyfriend Ruston

 DSC_0533

Robin and Stephanie sporting their awards!

DSC_0550_edited-1

I was so sad that I didn’t get a picture of Robin with Mom and Dad.  Carla, why didn’t we get a picture of the girls together?  We must do this at Graduation! 

Today, another day at home!  We did venture out to the post office again and then spent some time at Nanny and Granddadys….

Playing basketball with the volleyball.

 DSC_0552

Looking at bugs “bees”.  Every bug is a “bee” to Hayden.

 DSC_0554

Going on 4wheeler rides to check the trail camera with Granddaddy.  Dad said that Hayden “found” the throttle today (it was in neutral) when Dad was opening a gate.  Oh dear! 

DSC_0555 

Riding the pedal firetruck. 

(I think this old pedal firetruck would make for some GREAT pictures!)

DSC_0567

And…jumping with Aunt Robin. 

Hayden is really trying hard to learn to jump. He is getting better by the day!  We are actually clearing the ground now!

DSC_0560 DSC_0565

Hope you have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Marla said...

Looks like a great week. I agree about that pedal firetruck.....a great photo prop!

Kristin said...

Yeah Robin looks a lot like you do!!
And I agree too, that pedal fire truck would be a great photo prop! TOO cute... I picture it in a black and white picture!!! :)

Kelly said...

I'm glad someone else gets behind on these things too! Robin looks so much like you and your Mom. Ya'll keep having FUN!!!