Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blog 2 Print

I could hardly wait to open the box our mailman delivered yesterday!  Inside held one of my new prized possessions! 

DSC_0773

I have wanted to print our blog book for some time now, not wanting to get too far behind.  To be honest, I kind of dreaded it.  I was thinking it would take me forever to edit, put it together, and I would have to spend a fortune to get it done.  Wrong, Wrong, and Wrong!  I had gotten a Groupon for Blog2Print book back in October ($12.00 for a $25.00 book) and it expired December 31st.  Guess what, I was ordering it at midnight on New Years Eve! 

DSC_0777 

I started with our announcement of our pregnancy…

DSC_0774

DSC_0775

And ended with Hayden’s first birthday party.

  DSC_0776

I have pretty much spent my free time looking at the book. I think my favorite part might be reading everyone’s comments after each post.  So, if you comment on the blog!  Thank you!!  Really, I LOVE comments!  I try to be a good commenter for other bloggers, but I have to admit, I am not always the best.  I need to work on it!  I know how much I love hearing back from our readers! 

So here is the scoop on Blog2Print.  I really think it is the simplest way to print your blog.  You simply put in the dates you want to print and they put the book together for you.  I made sure that everything I wanted to print had a “Hayden” label so I was able to sort by label as well.  It does kind of maximize the space in the book, so everything is not laid out perfectly like it is on your blog.  Some of your comments by your pictures may be out of order, but it is all there!  I know on Blurb you can spend a lot of time editing and making your book look more professional and scrapbookish, but I am very happy with my Blog2Print book!  The book was about 200  pages and I spent about $55.00 plus my $12.00 Groupon to get it printed. I am so in love with it and I think it was totally worth it! 

All this to say, if your blog is your scrapbook like it is for us, save your money and get you a blog book printed!  Blurb or Blog2Print.  You will be SO glad you did!  And, don’t skip the comments…make sure they are included!  I almost kept them out to save money, but I am so glad I didn’t! 

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I think this is a wonderful idea. What a neat way to keep Hayden's babybook-scrapbook. I read part of it last night, but I am anxious to read the rest.

Lisa said...

I have been wanting to print our blog too! I just need to do it.

Kristin said...

I started this a while ago and never finished it and didn't print it because I thought it was too expensive! I wish I would have known about that coupon!! That is SO awesome!!

Kelly said...

I have been trying to get mine together for over a year now on blog to print. It is well over $150 for my book. Guess I need to break it down to one year at a time and get it done. I've been wanting to get it forever, just keep waiting till I can afford it. You know how that goes! :)

Kaci said...

Thanks for sharing. I must do this! AND so glad to have seen you guys tonight even if it was for a few minutes!

Jennifer said...

I got mine today, but there are a few things I'm not loving. I need to call them or email before I print my next book. It is such a rewarding feeling having it all printed out!

The Barner Bunch said...

I'm so glad you did this! Isn't it perfect?!?!
I'm trying Blog2Print this 'round'. In the past, I've used Blurb, but this year (thanks to all my time doing the yearbook at school), I want something simple.

Jamie said...

My friend did a book with MyPublisher but I don't think I have the time for that. I'm glad I saw your post. I desperately need to do this for Langston. The book is precious!