Sunday, September 12, 2010

House Rebuild Update (9-12-10)

It was a pretty productive week at the Smith house!  We got our plumbing top out done and we got most of our outside metal up.  They will finished up with trim and gutters tomorrow.  A/C and electrical should start tomorrow.  My goal is to be finished with those by the end of the week so we can get ready for insulation and sheetrock! I also met with our cabinet guy.  I am so excited about them!  I think they are going to look so good!

The front and south side now…

DSC_0119

The back now…

DSC_0121

We figured out this weekend while we were cleaning up that we blocked our south wind on the back porch with our utility room add-on.  We are quite sad!  We almost always had a breeze back there!  I guess we will be thankful in the winter that we blocked the north and south wind!  I found the cutest chiminea I want to get for our back porch!  I am so excited about it!  But, for now, we are going to work on getting some big fans for back there while its hot.

This shows the north side of the house.  It is one long wall with no windows!  It will be ok.  We will just need to plant some trees to break it up some.

DSC_0122

Hayden’s favorite thing to do while we are working or hanging out at the house…

EXPLORE!

DSC_0139 DSC_0138

Hayden has the best time walking around, going through the “walls”, picking up screws and nails on the ground (that’s what good moms do-let their kid play with sharp objects), sweeping, picking up concrete pieces and taking them to the driveway, etc. 

We have to make some decisions about what we are going to do in our bathroom as far as our shower goes.  It is kind of stressing me out!  I am trying to decide whether we want to do a tiled shower, marble, or cultured marble.  I love the custom look of a tiled shower.  I am just not sure about all the grout and upkeep.  If you have marble or tile in your shower, I would love to hear feedback on what you like or don’t like about it!  Same for out bathroom countertops…gotta make a decision on what to do about them as well! 

I need to start finalizing paint colors too and finish picking out light fixtures so I can tell my electrician what I want. SOOO much to do!  So many decisions to make!  You would think we would be good at this by now!  Hayden and I are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks and will be gone for 9 days to South Carolina to see Jen, Jeff, Landree, and Hudson!!!  I am soooo excited, but I know I have a lot to get done before I leave!  No pressure! 

Did you have a good weekend?  We spent most of the weekend doing stuff around and for the house.  We cleaned up inside and outside of the house and Jeff mowed and weedeated this afternoon. It made it look so much better around there!   I am sure tomorrow, it will be a wreck again.  If you have ever built a house before, you know how much time you spend cleaning up!  That’s ok…it is all worth it! 

We did get to enjoy a night out to dinner with Mom, Dad, and Robin last night at Monroy’s.  Delicious as always!  Church was great this morning too!  I hope to share some of the message this week!

DSC_0128_edited-1Hayden always looks madder than a hornet!  I wish I could make him smile for the camera.  I think he frowns purposely when he gets his picture taken!  All boy!

Ok, I know this was a random post.  Please forgive me.  I am also asking for forgiveness ahead of time if I don’t get to post as much this week. It is going to be a busy one!

My Granddaddy and Aunt Kathy are coming in from Vegas this week.  Excited to see them!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Such a cute picture of you guys! I love his Crocs. Those are our shoes of choice, too! So easy. :)