Monday, September 13, 2010

Growing up

Hayden does things every day that make us say, “Our boy is growing up so fast.”  He just does so many grown up-big boy-things now.  Sniff, sniff! 

One day after we came in from outside (where we live) for a “cool-down” break (notice the sweaty-curly hair), I found Hayden reading.   He loves to be read to, but I really love to see him” reading” on his own. 

DSC_0125

This made my little Mommy-Heart sparkle!

Another thing that is just growing and changing like crazy is his vocabulary.  Although, he does still like to grunt or whine to get his point across, he is saying many more words each day.  Last night we walked outside by the barn where Jeff and Daddy were working and he kept pointing up saying “C’MONE” or so I thought.  He says this quite often these days.  I couldn’t figure out where he wanted to go or what he was pointing at.  I finally stepped back and figured out that he had noticed the crescent moon in the afternoon sky.  He was saying “moon”.  Oh yes, “MONE”.  I guess that is the country way to say it? 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

HaHa "mone" I love it! Yes they do grow so fast :(

Marla said...

Oh, sister! It does all go so very fast. Truly bittersweet.

Jennifer said...

He can read to Hudson while we shop! :)