Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good Samaritan Saturday

Oh yes, I got to go today!  Good Samaritan was a success this morning!  Oh how I love that place!

For $13.50, this is what I came home with…

DSC_0111

Old metal toolbox, 2 bed skirts for our extra bedroom (I couldn’t decide which one I wanted, so for a $1 each I decided to get both), metal colander, Veggie Skillet for the grill, glass pitcher, dark denim material (matches a pattern of some of the pillows I got for our new couch-you never know if you might need it), 2 bowls, another white plate for my plate wall, several linen valances (not sure what I will do with them, but couldn’t pass them up), and that thing on the right is a linen cover that you put over your toaster.  Isn’t that awesome?  All for $13.50!!

Then, I went to another sale down the road and spent $6.50.  I got two old windows (for 50 cents each) and two old picture frames that I will do something with.  :-) 

DSC_0114

I have a vision, and I can’t wait to put in into action!  Mom said, “You sure have lots of projects to do.  You better get started.”  Maybe I should! 

I know this stuff may not be your style or you wonder why on earth I buy it.  But, I will prove to you that it was worth it!  Hopefully soon! 

I also went to another garage sale and got some super cute things for Hayden.  (Thanks Jayde!) 

I felt like I had a very successful morning of bargain hunting!  How about you, found any bargains lately?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I see all these little shops around here we'll have to make a day of it (or two). But nothing can beat the Good Samaritan. I love that water pitcher and the frames. Friend, I can see it all. I have a vision too :) I need some cool larger platters like that for my wall so you'll have to be watching for me too! Love it all!

The Barner Bunch said...

I need those old picture frames for a project I have brewing in my mind.
If we ever sell and get into a new house, I'm taking YOU shopping with me!!!! You find the BEST deals.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Good for you! Those are some cool finds...especially the $.50 windows.