Friday, August 27, 2010

What a week!

DSC_1026

Whew!  What a week!  Our week has been kind of an “off” week and has been busy, busy!

Monday, we spent most of the day at home after Robin’s senior parade. I honestly can’t even remember what else we did on Monday.  :-)

Tuesday, we took the dogs to the groomer , I ran to Canton to pick up some cabinet samples, and we made a couple of Wal-Mart trips. 

DSC_1009Hayden got this horrible looking whelp on this back.  He kept scratching it uncontrollably.  We still aren’t exactly sure what the cause was.  He did have an ant in his diaper (around this area) on Sunday.  So sad!  But, this didn’t start happening until Monday night.  Tuesday morning it looked so bad!  I was so torn on whether I should take him in or not.  I didn’t know if he might have an allergy to something that bit him or if something worse than an ant bite. I thought the way it spread/ made an oval was kind of strange.   Anyway, we were using Benadryl cream for the itching but that really wasn’t making the swelling go down.  I finally got some Hydrocortisone cream and it started improving.  Thank goodness!!  He still has a little bit of a rash there, but it looks so much better.  He got an ant bite previously on his foot and it swelled up quite a bit too.  What do ya’ll think?  Do you think it could be an allergy?

Wednesday, Mom, Hayden, and I went to Greenville to get Mom’s chemo shot.  Then we ran to Rockwall to look at appliances for Mom.  She ended up ordering a new side by side fridge, upright deep freeze, and a dishwasher from North Texas Appliance.  We ate at Joe Willy’s for lunch.  Then, ran to Hobby Lobby, Kohls, Bath and Body Works, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Cosco.  We definitely made a day of it!

Thursday, Hayden and I took Mom to her eye doctor appointment and we ran to B G Home Decorating to talk to the lady there about our countertops.  I think we are getting close to finalizing that decision.  :-)  Then, we went back to pick up Mom.  Mom found out that she has the beginnings of cataracts.  So, she ended up not getting new glasses because the doctor couldn’t ever get her to have 20/20 vision as he changed the lenses out.   Poor Momma!  One more thing to worry about!   After that, we went to the VF Outlet.  Mom and I both found a few things there.  After lunch at Juan Pablos, we ran to Lowes so I could pick up some Valspar antiquing glaze for my furniture projects.  I haven’t ever used it before, but thought I might give it a try.  Last but not least, another trip to Wal-Mart! 

Then, last night Dad came home from my brother’s house with his eye really bothering him.  It continued to get worse and got to the point where it took his breath away to close it.  I made a trip to the store to get him some drops and we tried to see if there was anything in there, but couldn’t see anything. He had rubbed his hands on milkweed and we thought maybe a piece of that was in there.  Anyway, I ended up taking him to the ER late last night.  Surprisingly, we didn’t have to wait too long.  They numbed it, put some dye in it, and looked at it with a black light.  They couldn’t find anything either.  We almost wished that they would have found something so we would have known what was causing the pain.  They sent him home with a prescription for antibiotic drops and some pain medication.  It was starting to hurt pretty bad again by the time we got home.  Luckily, he was able to get some rest.  It was swollen and still a bit irritated, but did feel better this morning. 

Hayden has also been in kind of a funk with his sleeping the past week or so.  He has been waking  up quite early in the mornings (like between 4:45 AM and 5:45 AM) no matter what time he goes to bed.  Sometimes, we can get him to go back to sleep.  Sometimes, not so much!  He has even been waking some throughout the night as well.  Wednesday night he was up 3 different times.  Since that night he has had a runny nose and a little cold. Now we all have it!  Gotta love those summer colds!  UHG!!

Today, we have not done much of anything!  Thank goodness!  None of us really felt like doing much between just being exhausted and not feeling well.  I did work on my furniture projects this morning while Hayden and Jeff took a nap.  I got a coat of Kilz on my Good Samaritan chest of drawers and the Jenny Lind bed that was my grandparents.

DSC_1012 DSC_1016

I am so excited about tomorrow and Sunday.  Tomorrow, Jeff is playing in a charity golf tournament and Hayden is going to spend some time with his Nana.  I am going with Cindy to Laurie Anna’s Vintage Home grand opening in Canton.  Have you local gals ever been to her store?  I have only been there once and it is so awesome!  Her new store is going to be so much bigger and better!  Of course, we will make a stop at Good Samaritan to look for any good deals before we go! 

Sunday, I am going to the Divine Consign sale in Plano.  I have never been and I am looking forward to the adventure!  I am particularly looking for Hayden a new stroller since our Chicco stroller burned.  Something  in between umbrella stroller (which he is too big for already) and our jogging stroller.  Basically a lightweight umbrella type stroller with a basket and drink holder.  :-) 

I will let ya’ll know if we find any goodies tomorrow or Sunday!  We are hoping to actually get started on our house next week.  We are finally scheduled (LONG story!) to close on our loan on Tuesday!  Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer that everything goes as planned!

Hope you have a good weekend!

2 comments:

The Barner Bunch said...

Girl...you HAVE been busy. You're poor parents. I'm sorry to hear about all the stuff they're going through. And your poor daddy. I wonder what was up with his eye. Do you think he might have scratched it (tiny metal shaving or something in it)? Weird, but I hope it is better.
I'm glad they have YOU to take care of them!!!! Whew! (Like you said).
Don't know what the rash is on Hayden. More than likely, a bite. Could have been any ole bug. Just keep applying the Cortizone creme!

Marla said...

Wow! What a busy week!! It made me worn out just reading it! :)

Poor baby with his welp/rash. On one hand I think it could be the ant....but then you would think that it would have swelled up immediately on Sunday, you know? So basically....I am no help!

Sorry to hear about your mother and her cataracts! it is just another thing!!

Hope you enjoy your weekend and can't wait to see the neat stuff you get!