Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Whew!  We had a busy weekend!  How about you?  Time has come to start all over on getting information, prices, bids, etc. on everything for our house.  I guess our weekends for the next couple of months will be consumed by this project! 

Friday, Jeff, Hayden, and I took at trip to Tyler to go to a supply company to get prices for our tubs and toliets.  :-)  Then, we went to Furniture Row to look at living room furniture.  We did not find anything there that interested us.   The exciting news is that we were able to order our dining room table and chairs, our bedroom furniture, and some furniture for Hayden’s room at Canton last week.  We are so excited to see how they turn out!  Lunch at Mercardo’s  (Like Posado’s)!  SOOOO YUMMY!  Then, to Counterscapes.  We spent quite  a while there looking at all the options for our countertops, vanities, and for our shower.  We made a few selections so we can get bids and see what will fit into our budget.  We are hoping to get quartz for our countertops.  L-O-V-E it! The best part about Counterscapes is they had a ton of toys for Hayden to play with!  Awesome huh?   Then, a trip to Gander Mountain was in store!  Looked at safes for a while. Found one we really liked (FIREPROOF of course!) but we are still thinking on it!  Jeff looked at guns, but no luck.  Last stop in Tyler-Kohls!  We actually both found new tennis shoes and socks.  YIPEE!   I got some Reebok SimplyTones. I am anxious to see if it makes a difference toning my backside.  Ha!  Then, we had a birthday get together/cook-out at Jeff’s parents’ house to celebrate the 6 of us that have July/August birthdays.  We had one tired boy after a long day out and about! 

I think Hayden likes his Daddy’s new shoes! 

 DSC_0864

Saturday morning I got up and went to Good Samaritan (our local thrift store)!  It is only open on Saturday mornings.  Ya’ll…you can get some GOOD stuff there for so CHEAP!  I am hesitant to tell you what I got because you might want to go and get all the good stuff before I do!  ;-)  Check out what I got…

A Little People Farmhouse for 50 CENTS!!  He already has most of the animals that go with it that I had already gotten at GS.  I have been eyeing these at Target for $40.  50 cents is so much better that 40 dollars!!!!!!!!!  I also got him a set of awesome blocks for 50 cents.

DSC_0842

This side table for $1.50.  This will go great in our living room…after I do a little magic!

DSC_0843

This ladder shelf for $10.

DSC_0853

And finally, the best thing…this dresser for $10!  It is in such great shape!  It will look great in our extra room…after I do a little more magic! 

DSC_0859DSC_0847

I am so in love with the feet on it.  :-)

DSC_0850 

Then, Saturday afternoon we took a trip to Rockwall.  First stop, North Texas Appliance.  We went in there to look mainly at refrigerators and dual fuel ranges.  We spent longer in there than we expected, but we ended up buying our new washer and dryer.  We got an AWESOME deal!    Want to do a little more research before we decided on the fridge and range.  Then, to a flooring store to look at options for our shower.  Dinner at Johnny Carinos.  Bass Pro was next!  Jeff had his eye on a gun they had on sale.  So, he was a happy new gun owner when we left.  Hayden was in heaven looking at all the wildlife and fish in there!  We even got to see a few of our friends in there too!  Great to see you Bo, Rhonda, and Dee!  Last stop…Culvers for some yummy custard!

Not sure he is real excited about another shopping trip!  But isn’t that hat cute?

DSC_0870Honestly, Hayden really did GREAT Friday and Saturday.  He went with the flow, the in and out, and was very patient! 

Today, all I wanted was to STAY HOME and do nothing!  Well, we pretty much did stay home except for a quick grocery store run and it was so nice! I think we all needed some time at home and I am praying for forgiveness for skipping church!  The do nothing part…well that didn’t so much happen!  Hayden decided to wake up a little 5 this morning.   He took an early morning nap and we all took one this afternoon.  I spent most of my free time today doing laundry and cleaning scorched dishes.  Remember these?

DSC_0037

DSC_0032

I am pleased with how they turned out.  I am saving the details for another post.  This one is already long!  :-)

Then, tonight I actually cooked dinner.  I made one of Jeff’s favorites!  Enchiladas.  They are so easy and so yummy!  I will share the recipe in another post too. 

 DSC_0887

Can you tell I am getting tired?   5 AM was a long time ago!  I have formed a really bad habit of staying up until midnight or after pretty much every night.  

Hope you had a great weekend.  We accomplished a lot this weekend and I feel really good about it!

PS…we miss you Nanny, Granddaddy, and Auntie Robin!  Hope you are having a great trip! 

3 comments:

Marla said...

I think I might need to make a special trip there to visit the Good Samaritan!! I LOVE all of the stuff you got....and can't wait to see what you are going to do with some of it!

The Barner Bunch said...

You found some really GREAT stuff for cheap! Way to go girl. I think I'm going to take you shopping with me when we buy our next round of appliances, furniture, etc.

Get to working that magic! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!!

Love you!

Oh yeah...that barn toy...ROCKS!
And...you need to take Hayden to the Aquarium now! He would love it!!!!

Kristin said...

Wow, I am jealous!! You got such great things!!!!