Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our Saturday

Today was a good day!  Jeff woke up at 4:45 AM to go with his brother, Matt, to their golf tournament.  They played with some guys from Jeff’s work. I think there were about 20 teams total. The golf tournament benefited a Christian Children’s Home in New Mexico.  The grandfather of a guy that Jeff works with founded the home.  They played at the Cowboys Golf Course in Grapevine.  Sounds like it was a pretty awesome course.  Jeff and Matt’s team ended up 7 under par.  Sounds pretty good to me!  They didn’t hang around to see how they came out in the tournament.  The best thing, I got an awesome  t-shirt out of the deal!

Hayden slept till about 7:45 this morning.  YEA HAYDEN!  I took him over to spend some time with his Nana and Papa.  I met Cindy at Good Samaritan and we both found a couple of things.  I got Hayden a little ball sorter toy and a bag full cookie cutters for $2.  Kind of an expensive trip today.  :-)  Then, we headed to Canton to Laurie Anna’s Vintage Shoppe.  So overwhelmingly unbelievable!  She is such a talented designer!  After Laurie Anna’s we went to an antique mall, another home decor store, and then to Goodwill.    We ate lunch at Rod’s BBQ Shack close to Dog Town in Canton.  It was really good!  I think they had the best pinto beans I have ever tasted! Their BBQ sauce was so good too!  We even splurged for dessert.  I had strawberry cake and Cindy had strawberry cheesecake. Yum! Our last stop was Paul Michael

Here is a peek at what I found…

DSC_1028

I got the burlap bird pictures, roll of burlap “ribbon”, monogrammed hand towel, the hooks, and the chalkboard sign at Laurie Anna’s.  I love those hooks!  I think I am going to put them in our new entryway cabinet similar to this one that I am having made to match our other furniture.  We can each have our own little cubby! 

I got the awesome antique scale, the two bigger plates, and the old jar from the antique mall.  I got the top white plate for $1.50 at Goodwill!  I am so excited about the plate wall I am going to do!  I really love it when I find cool plates for such a good deal! 

I also got this sign at Laurie Anna’s today. I am so in love with it.  I just love everything that it has to say!   DSC_1034

Jen, we missed you today!  Wish you could have been with us!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so much more in love with everything than I even imagined! LOVE ALL OF IT!

Jennifer said...

I just realized that those are the exact bird prints I have, but mine are in frames.

lisa leggett said...

ok megan.
i love this sign. tell me about it.
is it a print? love to have something like it in the store.

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Thanks so much for visiting our shoppe! Glad you found some things....I love the message in that sign too! Hope to see you again soon!

LaurieAnna