Tuesday, August 31, 2010

House Update and Hayden Update

First our house update…GOOD NEWS!  We were able to get closed on our construction loan today so construction can begin!  I will update with pictures at the end of the week.  You will be shocked at how different it will look from the last update! 

Hayden update…Mother’s intuition got the best of me today.  Hayden just was not really getting much better with his cold.  Runny nose, grumpy, whiney, not the greatest appetite, only happy outside or if you were chasing him around the couch, waking up during the night, and getting more of a cough.  So, finally I decided at lunch time today, I probably should try to get him check out just to make sure there wasn’t something more to it.  If you remember we had this same exact thing while we were on vacation in Gulf Shores.  We took him to the doctor  in GS and they said it was just a summer cold that took forever to get over!  But, I decided to bite the bullet, call to get an appointment, and go wait our turn at the doctor today.  After an hour and a half wait corralling a very busy 16 month old in a waiting room full of sick kiddos and germs, we were seen.  Sure enough…he was beginning to get an ear infection in his right ear.  He is also getting a new tooth on his right side as well.  Poor baby!  I always struggle with the teething/ear infection dilemma and what might be wrong.  I am so glad I went with my mommy instincts today!  Pink bubble gum antibiotics here we come!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So glad that you took him in!! I always question when to take Payton too!! But I guess rather be safe than sorry!!

Can't wait to see pictures of the house!!!

Jamie said...

Poor little guy! I hope those bubble gum antibiotics help REALLY fast!! I'm looking forward to seeing what the house is going to look like! I hope it's just wonderful! You guys deserve it.