Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The hunting lifestyle.

If you have read our blog for any amount of time, you probably know we live the hunting lifestyle.  This time of year especially.  Our weekends and almost every day during the week typically involves hunting.  

The first weekend in November we headed to our West Texas deer lease.  The first weekend of rifle season is always fun because get to go two Hunter Appreciation Dinners.  They do lots of raffles and there is always a chance of winning some great things.  We, however, didn’t win anything. 

photo 1photo 2

At the deer lease, there is always work to be done…  Fun work of course!  Smile

photo 4photo 1photo 2

First morning of rifle season…

I put down the bow and picked up the rifle.  Not a lot luck all weekend.  I did sit in one of Daddy’s stands and saw a really nice 8 pt that I am regretting not taking right now.  :-)

photo 3

We have been hunting around the house and at my brother’s land and have typically seen more at home than at either of our deer leases.  Dad got this really awesome 8 point.   Scored 126 and weighed 190.  Very nice! 

photo 4

Hayden likes to go hunting too.

photo 1

Dad has been keeping Hayden a lot so I/we can go hunting in the afternoons.   Last night they went to Aunt Barbara’s and Uncle Gary’s house while Jeff and I both went hunting.  I think Hayden had a ton of fun! 

photo 2photo 3photo 4

The hunting lifestyle continues…

Jeff nor I have tagged a deer this year.  Not from lack of effort.  That is for sure! 

But, we love it!

No comments: