Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday and a Mom Update

After Sunday afternoon naps (these are the best!), we headed to Greenville for a quick visit to see Mom (and Dad).  They moved Mom to ICU this afternoon.  The medicine injections they were using to try to get the fluid off weren’t working like they were hoping.  So, they put her on a different medicine (an IV drip) and had to move her to ICU to do so.    Praying this starts working better for her!  I am really glad that she is somewhat close to home though.  We can make quick trips up there to see her, and Dad can come home at night! 

After visiting the hospital, we ran to Lowes to pick up a few things including everything we needed to make something similar to this pegboard below.  I have wanted to do this project for a long time and I am so excited about.  A lot of my necklaces are still in a box from when the house burned!  Can’t wait to get organized! 

Pinned Image

We came straight home to make our snacks for our family Super Bowl party!

DSC_0675

Hayden had a waffle and yogurt for dinner.  But, Jeff and I made these baked “fried” pickles and buffalo chicken dip.  The pickles were good. 

DSC_0672

But the buffalo chicken dip. 

DSC_0667

Oh my word!  IT.WAS.AMAZING!  Jeff’s description after his first bite was “HOMERUN”!!  {Probably should have been touchdown, but hey, I will take homerun.}  We both loved it!  I ate mine with celery.  Jeff ate his with Fritos.  Both were delicious! 

DSC_0674

I combined a couple of recipes I had seen to make my own buffalo chicken dip.  These measurements are approximate.  I don’t measure stuff.  ;-)

Buffalo Chicken Dip

· 8oz package of Cream Cheese (I used lowfat)

· 3/4 cup of blue cheese dressing (I used Marie’s found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store by the veggies.)

· 3/4 cup of Ranch Dressing (I used Hidden Valley.)

· 1 cup of your favorite wing sauce (I used Moore’s. We like Franks too.)

· 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

· 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

· 2 cups of shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie. You can use canned.)

Stir it all together! Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy with your choice of chip, cracker, or vegetable! Simply DELICOUS!!!

What was your favorite Super Bowl snack??  Isn’t that what the Super Bowl is all about?  FOOD?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Praying for your mom!!

That food looked yummy!!
We made those same baked pickles, but I used regular bread crumbs and just pickle slices, they turned out pretty good too!! And we made homemade wings and cheese fries with ranch of course!!
It was all delish!!