Monday, February 6, 2012

Project Complete!

I have had my eye on a way to organize my jewelry for quite some time.  I have had it here and there, but not organized like I wanted!   But, Pinterest came to the rescue!  What did we do without Pinterest? 

I was able to get started on my project this morning.

We picked up this piece of peg board at Lowes.  It ended up being the prefect size for what I needed!  Jeff was excited about not making any cuts! 

DSC_0678

I sanded the soft side.  After scouring the craft closet, I found a blue/grey paint color that I thought would work for the project.

DSC_0679

I wasn’t exactly happy with the color, so I added some antiquing glaze.  Antiquing glaze makes everything better!  ;-)  Kind of hard to tell with the pictures. 

Jeff suggested I add a little something to it.  And I wanted to, but didn’t know what.  He suggested I use our big S to trace.  So I did! 

DSC_0680

I painted it with chalkboard paint (because that is the black I had) and Jeff got it hung up for me!

DSC_0708 DSC_0711

He also hung this hook/rack thing for my hats. 

DSC_0713

AHHHH.  I love organization!!! 

 DSC_0719a

Nevermind that I still have a gallon bag full of jewelry and a hang up organizer with earrings.  I kind of have a thing for jewelry! 

Do you have a creative way to organize jewelry?

4 comments:

Marla said...

This looks SO good!! I don't really have much jewelry but if I did I would definitely make this. Or....maybe I need to because the reason I have almost no jewelry is because I am always seeming to lose one of them!

Also- cannot get that buffalo dip out of my mind. Will have to make and try sooN!

Kristin said...

Looks great!! I don't know what we would do without Pinterest! HA!!
I don't have much jewelry, I have some but its all thrown in a drawer. I just wear the same thing everyday.. boring I know! Maybe one day I will change that habit!!! :)

Kelly said...

I totally HAVE to do this, I have TOO much jewelry. My problem is, in order to have room for this in our closet, I have to remove hubbys hat collection. Think he'll go for it? Ha!

Lisa said...

It looks great! I love organization and have plans for things to do around the house. I just have to find the time to do it!