Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Potty Training…One week down! And…big boy bed?

We have survived a full week of potty training!  Woot!  We are so proud of Hayden!  Today was our first day with no accidents and we were even gone from home about 2 hours!  I think we might be getting the hang of things!

Jeff and I had talked tonight about possibly moving him into a big boy bed.  I really want an “office” and our extra bedroom is our only option which has a full size bed in it.  So, we were thinking about making his bed a full size (it is convertible) and allowing room to make the extra bedroom an office and playroom. 

Jeff has wanted to move him to a big boy bed for a while but I was adamant about waiting!  He doesn’t try to climb out of his bed.  He won’t even try to get on/off of our bed or the extra bed on his own.  He hasn’t given us a reason to get rid of the “baby bed”.  With that being said, the last couple of nights after we put Hayden to bed, he will yell “Momma, tee-tee.  Daddy, tee-tee.”  So, as soon as we get him out of bed, he has the biggest smile.  Like he won!  Well, tonight, he did go, but then the game was on.   He kept finding reasons to not go back to bed.  “Kiss Daddy.  Big hugs.  More kisses.  Love you!” etc.  I admit, quite sweet and his daddy was LOVING it.  But, this is my concern.  Him not staying in his bed!  But, again, he doesn’t get out of any other bed.  So, who knows!  I really kind of want an office.  ;-)

I am not sure if it is just a bigger bed or what, but Hayden takes some awesome naps in our bed.  He naps for about 1 1/2 hours if he is in his bed.  He naps for about 3 hours if he is in our bed.  Hmm…

Another dilemma is a full vs. twin.  I would rather not put him in a full size because it limits the space in his room.  But, it is free at this point and gets rid of the extra bed (in the could be office room). 

Decisions, decisions. 

Just because he is cute {and quite hilarious these days}…

DSC_0464 DSC_0462

Tonight, after he got finished with dinner and got down from the table, he came over to Jeff and I (we were still eating) and said, “PLAY PEOPLE!”  I guess he really wanted to play.  So funny! 

Jeff has been in a leadership school all month and has been home every night by like 5:00 or 5:30 PM.  I can’t tell you how nice it is to have a normal schedule.  From the moment Jeff walks in, Hayden is saying “Play!  Play Daddy!  Play!  Play Daddy!”   I know it won’t last too much longer, but I am so thankful that we have had this time!  I love cooking dinner because I know we can all sit down and eat together.  I have made some yummy (and healthy-we are on a diet) stuff lately!  I will have to share soon! 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

The full bed might be better to start him in since he won't get down. The twin beds are really easy to get out of. I obviously have no room to give advice since my child is 2 weeks away from 3, and sleeps with us!

Jamie said...

Langston is actually locked in his room with a child safety thingy on the door handle. I felt horrible doing it, but every night was a battle with keeping him in his bed. Not to mention, he's downstairs and we are upstairs. We couldn't have him wandering around the house while we are asleep upstairs. Our pediatrician recommended it, so we felt a little better about it. As I've talked to other people, it's more popular than I realized.

Marla said...

I'm not really here to give advice because I know all kids are different. I know you know I had a horrible time keeping Parker in her bed....but as with all things- it passes.

WIth Grace I joke that I will keep her in her crib til she's 4. And I may. ;) haha She already does the stalling...I need sots (socks) on...I need teetee....I need poopoo...I need water....The list goes on. ;)

Anyway- all this to say- I started thinking that it will be an adjustment just like anything else whenever it is I decide to move her in her big girl bed. Parker stayed in her big girl bed and never got out til we came to get her for a week....then..... figured out she didn't have too. ;)

SO yeh- I have no advice! But I'll be here for support and encouragement!! ;)