Friday, January 20, 2012

It’s official, Hayden is a big boy. Or, he got a big boy bed.

Jeff and I made up our minds that we were ready for make the leap.  The leap to let Hayden have a big boy bed!  This is hard on a Momma.  This Momma atleast!  I don’t know why, but it was and is.

This morning, I took Hayden to school, got a few things done at home and headed out to do a little shopping to see if I might could find Hayden some bedding.  I have scoured the internet all week trying to find something I like. There isn’ t a lot out there for boys.  No offense, but I am just not into character bedding.  ;-)  The bedding from Potter Barn I liked just wasn’t in the budget.  So, the hunt was on. I went straight to Home Goods.  Do you love that store as much as I do?  Guess what, I found some bedding that I really liked and kind of what I had in mind.  First stop.  Score!  Well, they had all the pieces to the bedding set other than the actual quilt in the size I needed.  Boo!  So, I drove about 30 minutes to another store to pick one up! 

Hayden was so excited about getting  a big boy bed.  He was a pretty good helper too!  We just converted his crib to a full size bed. 

DSC_0476 DSC_0475

DSC_0477

DSC_0479

TA-DA!

DSC_0480

Pardon the lack of clothes.  He runs around in underwear most of the time these days.  Just seems easiest (with potty training) and makes him happy. 

DSC_0483

DSC_0491

Look at that sweet little angel asleep in his big boy bed for the first time! 

DSC_0493

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sweet! Love the bedding! love the navy quilt, and love that baby! I mean big boy :)

Marla said...

It is hard on the mommas! LOVE the bedding. You did such a great job in his room! And he does look so sweet!

Lisa said...

Love the bedding. It looks great. Don't worry, Molly is potty trained and still loves to run around the house in just her underwear.