Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Crockpot

Wow!  It really seems as though a Crockpot craze has begun just in the last week!  I am loving it!  If you aren’t one of the million people that has “liked” The Crock Pot Girls on Facebook in the last two weeks, you should!  There are thousands of recipes on their page under the discussions tab.

Kellys Korner also did a Crockpotalooza this week and you can find a lot of great recipes there.   I think this might be my answer to being a little more prepared for dinner time!  :-)

I had thawed out a pork loin and needed to find something to do with it.   I had never cooked one before.  Then, who else, other than the Pioneer Woman comes to the rescue?!?!  I made her Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork and it was delish! 

DSC_0570

She suggests using an 11 oz can of chipotle peppers.  I could only find a 7 oz can and I can’t imagine using more!  It was a little on the spicy side!  I added a little BBQ sauce before it it cooked and after it was cooked and maybe a little more brown sugar than she suggests.  :-)

I whipped up some coleslaw to go with it!  Pioneer Woman has a cilantro-jalepeno coleslaw recipe, but it really didn’t sound like something I would like.  I just made my own…Cabbage, cut up carrot chips, green onion, mayonnaise (the real stuff), milk, vinegar (a little white and apple cider), salt, pepper, and sugar.  I didn’t measure anything but it turned out pretty good! 

Mom and Dad put thier coleslaw on the side…

DSC_0572

Jeff and I put ours on our sandwich…

DSC_0574

I think Dad might have joined in on having the coleslaw on his sandwich if he would have thought about it!  Just adds a great texture, crunch, flavor and takes some of the spice out.  So, so yummy!  I just had leftovers for lunch! 

If you don’t use these crock pot liners, you are missing out.  Seriously, before you cook anything else in your crockpot, go get you some from Wal-Mart.  Literally take the bag out and your crockpot is clean!  DSC_0569

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It was so good!

Kristin said...

Looks yummy!!! I will have to try it!!

Jennifer said...

I just put mine in the crockpot for tomorrow. Your buns look so yummy! I am going to have to try and find some tomorrow we just have plain old hamburger buns.

Amber said...

I have made PW's pork a couple times, but never thought about putting it in the crockpot! Thanks for sharing!