Monday, April 4, 2011

First Trip to the Sale Barn

{Reading this post back to myself, just makes me laugh.  We are so country and I love it!  Especially for our sweet boy! I feel like I should be reading this as a commentary or something and have it on video.  Pretty sure it would make it that much more funny.  Because, I don’t have a country accent or anything.  Ha Ha!}

On Saturday, Hayden and I met up with Kelly and Kaden (like we do most Saturdays) at Good Samaritan and spent 50 cents on an Easter basket and Clifford Easter book.  Big spenders I tell ya.  After that we went to the local feed store and bought us a new outdoor rug for the front door.  I have been eyeing that rug for a long time.  Finally got it.  :-) You know, part of the whole finishing up the landscaping project thing.  Ha! 

Then, I decided to call Daddy to see if he was at the local sale barn.  Silly question really.  Pretty much every Tuesday and Saturday, you can catch Dad at the sale barn.  In his same seat I am sure.  :-)  Sure enough I could hear the loud auctioneer in the background and I told him that Hayden and I were coming to visit.  I haven’t been there in MANY years!  When we got there, I took Hayden up the outside stairs to look at the horses and cows in the holding area.  Then, we went inside to the actual sale.  I think Dad and I both have been a little worried that the commotion, noise, and gates slamming might be a little much for Hayden.  Well, not so much!  Hayden, LOVED it!  Hayden was able to see horses, goats, and calves sale before we came home.  Junior, one of Dad’s friends, became one of Hayden’s buddies pretty quickly.  He asked Hayden if he wanted to go ride one of the calves.   Hayden was sitting in Jr’s lap at the time and he jumped down and headed toward the calf.  He was ready to go ride that thing!  So funny!  Just one of those “first” memories I didn’t want to forget!

Hope ya’ll have a good week!  We are busy getting ready for our first Easter Egg Hunt Playdate here at our house with some of our friends on Friday and then Hayden’s 2nd birthday party next weekend.  So much fun but I can’t believe our baby boy will be two in just over a week! 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love country!! :) I grew up on a ranch and went to ropings and sales all the time with my dad. I miss that and am sad that Molly does not get to experience that. She gets to experience it some when we got visit my family.

Jennifer said...

I wish you had a picture of y'all in your overalls and that half a front tooth we all know you really have! That would have completed the story!

Kelly said...

I love your new landscape! Looks so good, hard to believe last year at this time we were all coming to Hayden's party at your other house for the first time. Seems like forever ago that happened. But, it all happened in a year. Your new house is so beautiful!