Friday, April 1, 2011

Busy day but a fun day!

Today was a LONG tiring day, but a great one!  We started first thing working on the front yard,  moving and raking dirt getting it ready for the St. Augustine to be put down.  Took almost the whole pallet and it  just looks so different and so much better!!

A little over a week ago…

photo2

Today…

DSC_0788

As soon as we got done with that Jeff returned the tractor to his Daddy and came home and got ready for work.  He said he was ready to go to work so he could rest.  Poor thing! 

We just have a little more dirt to spread, a few more pieces of sod to lay, and one more flower bed to build.  For now.  ;-)

And, I took a quick shower and headed out the door for an afternoon trip to CANTON!!  Mom watched Hayden nap for 3 1/2 hours for me!  Thank you Nanny!  It was a treat to get to go do a little shopping minus an almost two year old!  I actually had a very successful shopping trip! I got several things for the house and even a couple of things for myself. 

I got this super cute sign made to finish off our little landscaping project.

DSC_0791

A couple of hats.  I know, two black hats.  I got the visor first.  Then, I saw the one with the rosette on there I fell in love with it too.  I think the visor will be great for summer when we go swimming (whenever or wherever that might be). 

DSC_0792

DSC_0794

I took this picture to send to Jen because she was having Canton withdrawals.  It isn’t the same without you friend!  Can’t wait for June!  ;-)  But, what do you think of the hat?

photo1

Super cute burlap wreath.  It is actually a pretty good size.  The picture doesn’t really show that.  I have about a dozen places I want to put it.  Just have to figure out where it would look the best!  It came with a really big polka dot material ribbon.  Not crazy about that.  It will have to go.  :-)  I know I could have made the wreath myself, but I decided it was cheap enough for me not to.  It is just a lot of burlap ribbon folded over and over the and poked through a coat hanger.  Does that make sense?

DSC_0796

A couple of picture frames.   Not sure who that is in the frame.  Not us.  Yet.  ;-)

DSC_0799

However, you might recognize these people.  Ha! 

DSC_0805

Is that not the cutest frame you have ever seen?? 

I also got a couple of seat cushions for our wooden rocking chairs that go on the back porch.  I love that they don’t match and that they were super cheap!  :-)

DSC_0803

I also got some vinyl that says “Home is where your story begins.”  Just have to decide where I want to put that too.  I will just have to post a picture when that project is done! 

Oh, and Jeff a new pair of work gloves!  Poor thing had his all duct taped yesterday.  He has been working like a crazy person around here! 

Mom, Hayden, and I went to eat dinner at Adolfo’s tonight.  Yum!  We all enjoyed a chalupa dinner.  Hayden thought it was pretty good himself!

Busy day, but a fun day!  I feel like we have accomplished so much in the last three days! 

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the sign! Even if it's red. :) Love the hats! Love the wreath. Love THAT frame! And love that I get to go with you in June!

Tricia said...

You got some awesome finds. I totally want to go to Canton. Maybe I should plan a trip. :) You guys have been working so hard. It looks great and I know you are so happy with it. You deserve it. :)

Marla said...

Love all of your finds! It's making me want to try to go to Canton next time.....before it gets too hot. And yes- without any kids, too!

Kristin said...

You got some great things!! Can't wait to see it all in person on Friday!!

Amber said...

I've never commented before, but found your blog awhile ago thru the Toths! I went to Canton Friday & got two hats too...and I think from the same stores!

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

You're making my Canton list longer and longer!! There is someone in our neighborhood with a sign kind of like the one you got and I have been wanting one. So go ahead.....give me the information on the sign.
Canton List...
#1 Book Shelf
#2 Sign
:)
My husband is going to make me stop looking at your blog! lol