Sunday, June 20, 2010

On this Father’s Day…

I want to tell my wonderful husband…DSC_0110

And my loving Daddy…

DSCN1505  1107091627_edited-1

And my encouraging father in law…

DSC_0087 

How much Hayden and I love  and appreciate them!!  We are so blessed to have you in our lives!!  Happy Father’s Day!

DSC_0358

I had made Jeff a Shutterfly book for Father’s Day using pictures of he and Hayden taken over the past year.  This was the first thing I thought of when I found out about the fire. It meant so much to me and I knew it would to him too.  It was in my closet and I just knew it would be gone or damaged.  A couple of the volunteers were searching for high and low for it for me after they had cleared our house out Wednesday night. I found it when we got back on Thursday in perfect condition.  I couldn’t wait to give it to him this morning.

After a crazy last few days, we have had a very relaxing day today.  After church we went to Nana and Papa’s for a hamburger/hot dog cook-out lunch.  Then, home to take a nap.  All three of us took one!  Hayden slept for almost 3 hours!  He was one tired boy!  Then, Bubba, Shabre, and the boys came over and we cooked steaks on the grill with baked beans, grilled squash and red potatoes, squash casserole, and fresh cantaloupe and pineapple!  Mom even made a butter pecan cake.  Oh my…I ate way too much today but it was SO good! 

We did not even go down to our house one time today.  It was kind of nice.  I did have somewhat of a break down at church and after church today.  I don’t know why.  I had been pretty strong but I guess the reality of it all just hit me today.  Jeff just said to me…”Let it all out.  I was wondering when it would happen.”  My friend Stacy sent me this scripture tonight…1 Peter 12-13 says "For us to not question our trials, but to rejoice in them as Jesus did His sufferings, so that we can rejoice when His glory is revealed."  I needed that today!  Thanks Stacy! 

I want to thank you all again for your prayers, thoughts, and encouragement!  You all have reminded us that we still have the “things” that are truly important to us! 

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What a beautiful picture of Jeff and Hayden at the beach! I LOVE that! You guys are all just adorable in the beach pictures! You guys truly have the important things in life, the things that matter the most. I know you will make it through this terrible time. You have so much love and support from so many people. I am praying for your hurting heart. Love you!

Kristin said...

Happy father's day to all the men in your life!!

Glad ya'll were able to have a good day! Love the picture of Hayden and Jeff! Look professional!!

The Barner Bunch said...

Love that scripture! It's what you needed to hear, and helpful to me too. Thanks for sharing.

I'm soooooooo glad the book was still great shape! What a great Father's Day gift.

lisa leggett said...

megan,
i'm just checking up on you. thinking of your sweet family right now. what a blessing you weren't home.
were the doggies with your mom and dad?
love you much