Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sick little boy!

DSC_0287

We have had a sick little boy the last couple of days. Hayden woke up Wednesday morning around 6:00 (after sleeping pretty much all night-YIPEE!) and had thrown up at some point during the night. It was all over his bed and all over him...dried. I felt so bad! I have no idea when it happened. Anyway, he just was not himself. He was wide awake but not crying, making much noise, or showing much emotion. He had not nursed in over 12 hours and he wasn't acting like he was hungry at all. He just laid his head on my chest and wanted to just cuddle (unlike him...he is a busy body!). Poor Jeff had clean-up duty. He was a trooper! So, we gave him a bath, I nursed him and he went right back to sleep. He pretty much slept until early afternoon yesterday. He has had a low grade fever (100.8 or lower) off and on both days. He has moments where he will play some and moments where he just wants to be held and moments where he doesn't know what he wants. He hasn't wanted much to eat or drink. I guess this is my biggest concern right now...dehydration.

I have started weaning him from breast milk and we have moved from supplementing formula to whole milk. He has really done great with this up to this point. I am down to two feedings a day (one in the morning and one at night). But, the past couple of days he hasn't wanted much of either one (milk or formula). He has still nursed pretty well though. So now, I am wishing I hadn't started weening so he would get some fluids!

I called the doctor this evening and the nurse said they had seen quite a bit of stomach virus lately. I am not sure that this is what he has, but she said just to continue the Motrin/Tylenol and monitor his wet diapers and call back if he had less than 4-5 a day.

DSC_0288

Doesn't he look so pitiful with those rosy cheeks? So sad!

Hopefully he will will feel better tomorrow! Having a sick baby is no fun at all and causes your house to look like a tornado hit it (that's the excuse I am using anyway)!!

I hope you have a "Good" Friday!

2 comments:

Marla said...

Poor baby! I hope he gets to feeling better soon! Maybe he will wake up tomorrow his normal self!

Kristin said...

Oh that is horrible!! He looks so sad and like he does not feel good at all!! Poor liitle man!! I hope he gets better soon!!