Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sick, but thankful!

This past weekend was not a fun one for our family! Mom, Dad, Robin, her BF, Jeff, Hayden, and I all ate dinner together on Thursday night. Dad and I cooked what we thought was a fabulous meal that night! Pork ribs, baked beans, cornbread salad, mashed potatoes, and pineapple angel food cake. Sounds good huh? Well, come Friday night…not so much! Something, something really bad, had hit our house! Jeff and I were SICK, SICK, SICK! So, Saturday morning I called Dad to see if maybe he might go get us some Gatorade. But, before I could ask, he says “How are you feeling?” “Well, NOT GOOD.” I answered. Well, they weren’t good either. They were sick too! So, I went to the store to load up on Gatorade, apple juice, and ginger ale for both households. Jeff and I sat/laid around like zombies (taking turns doing our thing in the bathroom) anxiously awaiting the next time Hayden would take a nap so we could sleep too. Lucky for us, he took too great naps, played so well, and was such a happy boy that day.

DSC_0785_edited-1

Luckily Mom didn't get it near like we did. I think she did have a little bit of an upset stomach, but not all the "other" fun things that go along with it. That is the last thing she needed to be dealing with! Robin and I pretty much got over it by Sunday but Jeff and Dad are better, but not quite feeling back to normal. Hayden and I got out of the house on Sunday and enjoyed some fresh air, sunshine, and a little shopping at Canton.

DSC_0773_edited-1

We do think it was food poisoning and not the virus going around because we all ate together and all got sick within a few hours of each other. And…knock on wood…this precious little boy didn’t get sick! I am so thankful!

DSC_0772

I wish we could blame it on someone elses cooking, but sadly, we can't. We still can't figure out what it was on the menu that night that made us sick but, I would not care if food poisoning ever made its appearance again! Actually, I would prefer that it didn't!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness, that is horrible!! I am glad Hayden did not get it, that would NOT have been good nor fun!!!

Kelly said...

You will not believe this, but I got HORRIBLE food poisioning last Saturday as well. I KNOW it was food poisioning b/c I got sick within an hour and a half of eating the food, it was AWEFUL! I was SO sick, but Lance or Kaden never got sick, another reason I know it was the food, I was the only one to eat it. Let's just say, no more Sonic food for me!