Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teeth soon?

When we went for our 9 month well check, the doctor didn't feel like Hayden would get any teeth soon. She said that they recommend a visit to a pediatric dentist if babies had not gotten any teeth at 12 months. Doesn't sound like fun!

I have continued to feel around on Hayden's bottom gum line and haven't felt anything. But, I felt up top and found this...

DSC_0578

What do you think? Do you think he will have top teeth soon? Before bottom teeth? Isn't that abnormal? Then again, I am not sure that we do anything that is "normal". Ha! :-) Hayden has been grabbing at both ears this past weekend. I really don't think he has an ear infection. He has also started sucking on his top lip. And...a little whiny and frequent wakings (four within two hours last night)! I am just attributing it to teething. :-)

I guess time will tell if that toothless grin will soon be gone. Truly bittersweet!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like the top of Payton's mouth did a couple of weeks ago and now those 2 teeth on the top are clearly visible and sharp!! She has four teeth coming in on top and has been VERY whiney the past few days too. And I think it is teething too.

TerD said...

Don't worry yet. Sarah didn't have a tooth until she was a year old, she has great teeth now.

Jayde said...

I have never heard of a ped being concerned about them not having teeth by 1. I know of some that got them well after that.

Mine did get their bottoms first but then they got there two outside top teeth before the two middle ones. The oldest had is for a couple months or more like that so he looked like a vampire, the baby was just like that a couple weeks. So any, my point is, if top teeth first is wierd then mine are REALLY wierd!