Saturday, October 17, 2009

Really?

On Thursday at our doctor's appointment, our doctor took the opportunity during his little 6 month "stump speech" to point out that children should not be in the kitchen or in the bathroom hanging out while you might be doing something until they are 4 years old.

Immediately, I gasped thinking I had Hayden on the counter in his Bumbo seat that morning while I was getting ready and I even took a picture of him. Isn't he sitting like a little angel?

DSC_1155_edited-1

But, seriously, how realistic is this? Who hasn't carried their baby on their hip while they stir the supper or put their baby in a bouncer while they took a quick shower? How are you supposed to get anything done when you are by yourself? I guess I understand the point, but goodness, it seemed a little drastic. Anyway, maybe I am a bad mom, but I guess we all just do what we can to keep our babies safe...realistically!

4 comments:

Dewawn Wiest said...

Does you doctor have kids of his own???? You're not a bad mom...my kids are almost always in the same room I am - unless they're sleeping. Most of the time, it's not by my choice anyway. :o)

Jamie said...

you are a terrible mother.....and so am I!! :)

Langston is alway sitting in his bouncer right outside of the shower and he's always in the kitchen while I'm cooking dinner, unless Jeff is home. I probably won't change that either. Oh well, we can't always be perfect.

The Barner Bunch said...

Kids are like leeches! You can't help but have them in the same room.
Try cleaning your toliets and finding your son playing around with the toliet brush! ha ha

You're a REAL mom and a GREAT mom!

Jayde said...

Did your doctor give an explanation as to why? In the kitchen I can maybe see them saying just b/c of safety, something could spill on them if you had them in the wrong spot, but not sure about the bathroom thing. I ask my Ped before about Kole coming in the bathroom with me while I showered and at what age that should be discouraged just b/c he is a boy and he said it is a personal choice. And I've even had my Ped tell me when they were sick & stuffed up to put them in the bathroom with me when I shower b/c the steam will help them. That is wierd.