Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lately…

What have we been up to?

Wearing daddy’s shoes.  maybe it gives him a little extra push?

DSC_0434

Picking, Shucking, and Putting Up corn!

photo 2

Cute huh?  Well, I have to be honest.  Jeff pretty much did it all.  The picking, shucking, and putting the corn up to freeze. 

There were a ton of ground hornets when we were picking the veggies.  And although they didn’t bother us, my anxiety was out of control.  Hundreds of huge hornets flying around really isn’t my thing.  I did suck it up and pick a few ears of corn and some peas.  that was about all I was good for.  Ha!

DSC_0437

DSC_0438

Picking, Shelling and putting up peas.

Jeff’s daddy has this awesome pea sheller.  Anyone have fond memories of sitting around the living room shelling peas?

photo 1

hanging out with our friends as much as possible.  Jen, landree, and hudson leave this week.  makes us sad but we are so thankful for the days we have gotten to spend together.  mostly just playing at home (and maybe doing a little refereeing too!)

DSC_0427

DSC_0424DSC_0423

DSC_0421

photo 5

do ya’ll see this?  Hayden is actually smiling for pictures!

photo 1photo 2photo 3

Lots of swimming! 

We went last week to Splash kingdom in Canton with a few of our friends {shauna, jen, landree, hudson, amy, hudson and hayson}.  we had the best time and I hope we get to go back again soon!  I really think Hayden turned a new leaf.  he was swimming around like a little fish and diving into the water.  in the shallow of course, but I was pretty proud of him.  making progress!  it was fun to see aunt robin there too while she was working!

photo 4photo 2

on Saturday, Hayden and I headed to a thirty-one director’s bbq at my senior executive director’s (highest level of leadership in thirty-one) home.  we had such a great time!

DSC_0440

575908_4135491943912_1420978193_n[1]

557246_4135513064440_1418069739_n[1]

me and heidi

319494_4135511544402_2094289500_n[1]

Taking a Bath With Friends!  I gave both boys a hair cut and they needed a bath to get all the hair off.  Landree couldn’t miss out on all the fun in the big bathtub!

  DSC_0446DSC_0452 edit

Eating juicy watermelon

DSC_0432DSC_0431

lifting weights.  we mean business around here.

DSC_0414DSC_0415

Hosting celebrate and connect meetings at my house with my thirty-one girls!

DSC_0417DSC_0407

And…I went back to work last week.  I accepted the position as the sonbeam dayschool director at our church.  it is a preschool program that is held all day two days a week.  it has been an adjustment, but one that I know will be so rewarding!  I am excited about the challenge and what is to come! 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the new job!! I am actually going back in the fall too. I will be teaching a preschool class(4 year olds) two days a week.

lisa leggett said...

love your new blog layout & family pick :)

Marla said...

Love all of the updates! And yes- I do have fond memories of sitting around the living room at my granny's house shelling peas. I had the best of intentions on planting peas this year but, alas, didn't remember until too late. So next year I would love to!

Also love your new blog layout!