Monday, February 20, 2012

Mom update 2-20-12

We went to see Mom today.  They are working her out pretty good on the Rehab floor. She is getting stronger! If all goes as planned they will let her come home Wednesday.  I know she is so ready! 

The only major hiccup right now is they are not able to get her Sandostatin shot from the drug manufacturer.  This is her shot that she gets every three weeks that reduces the side effects of  the carcinoid cancer.  They are on back order and the company is not releasing when/if they will be available.   Right now she is getting a short acting dose three times a day.  They said she may have to do these and give them to herself.  These shots hurt and she is less than thrilled about this. 

Sorry for the less frequent blog posts.  I am really trying to stick to my new years resolution and spend less time on the computer!  I have recently moved my laptop into my “new” office (need to blog about this) and I find it less tempting to sit on the couch and be on the computer.   I go to bed much earlier and feel much more rested.  I am sure this makes for a happier Mommy!  :-)

1 comment:

Marla said...

Thanks for the update. Still remembering her in prayers.

On a different note...can't wait to see your new office!