Sunday, January 1, 2012

In 2011…

IMG_2449-4x6

In 2011…

Our family was blessed with Jeff’s job promotion. I began my journey with Thirty-One.  Hayden turned two and has grown from a young toddler to a active and vibrant little boy who is changing so much each day.  We ditched the paci.  Hayden had his first hair cut.  We attempted potty training only to decide to wait a little longer.  Jeff and I spent our first night away from Hayden.  I traveled to South Carolina, Galveston, Ohio, and Vegas.  Lightening struck our house.  I became a Sunday School teacher for the first time.  Hayden started preschool.   Jeff got his first buck bow kill.  I got my first bow.  I promoted to Director with Thirty-One.  I didn’t kill a deer for the first time in many years.  We enjoyed a full year in our new home.   Hayden took swim lessons for the first time.  And so much more…

We were blessed in 2011, but I am anxious to see what 2012 will bring.  I thought I would share a few of my goals for 2012…

Loose weight.  Cook more and eat better not only for my own benefit but Hayden’s and Jeff’s too.  Exercise more.  Or, maybe that should just say exercise.  Stress less about the way my house looks and spend more quality time with Jeff and Hayden (instead of worrying about stuff around the house).  Spend less and save more.  Visit friends and family more.  Get my first bow kill.  Manage time better.  Spend less of my “down time” on the computer.  Write more hand written notes.  Read my Bible more and become a better Sunday School teacher.  Give more.  Teach Hayden to pray.  Think less about myself and more about others, yet worry less about what others might think.  Pretty much, I want my actions to speak louder than my words.  Over all, be a better wife, mother, daughter, daughter in law, sister, sister in law, aunt, and friend.  

We don’t know what tomorrow brings or the future holds.  We never know if today may be our last.  I simply want life to slow down and treasure the time I do have. 

Have you made yourself a list of goals for 2012?  If you haven’t, I challenge you to do so.  If you are willing, I would love for you to share some of them!

Many blessings to you in 2012!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You are going to have an awesome year! I love this post! Maybe one day soon we'll get to have play days and actually talk again, but it'll be a little while, I have an insane busy spring schedule with work. I PROMISE to be a better friend after my job ends!!! :) LOVE YOU!

Jennifer said...

I love this list! You're already the best friend! :) I love you! Miss you already!