Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

It is so hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone and now Christmas is upon us! 

We had a great Thanksgiving meal at my nephew Chance and his wife Stefanie’s house. Most of the people I didn’t know, but we still enjoyed our time and ate tons of yummy food!  There were 32 people there and we actually circled up and shared what we were thankful for.  I loved that.

This is where all the action was!  Chance, Bubba, and Shabre working hard!

DSC_1049

Momma, Robin, and Daddy

DSC_1036

Cousins:  Blaze, Hayden, Blade

DSC_1038

DSC_1040

Last year on Thanksgiving Day.

DSC_0035_edited-1

Little stinker didn’t want his picture taken with me! (Jeff had to work. Boo!)

DSC_1041

I may or may not have been goosing him to get him to smile. 

DSC_1042

Hayden knew what he wanted for lunch!  Anything on the dessert table.  Ha!

DSC_1051 DSC_1031

We got home mid-afternoon on Thanksgiving and I knew WE needed to get a nap in!  Hayden, because he was heading to Nana and Papa’s and needed to not be grumpy and I was heading out to shop.  Hayden slept until 6:30 PM.  So, I was able to sneak in about a 45 minutes refresher nap.  Took Hayden to spend the night and I got ready to go with my SIL, Yolanda, for what turned out to be a 14 hour, ALL NIGHT, shopping adventure!   We left about 8:45 PM and got back home about 10:30 AM.  Crazy!  Definitely a first for me!  Not the 14 hour shopping day, the ALL NIGHT shopping.  I can’t remember the last time I stayed up all night.  High School maybe? 

photo[2]

Here is our list of stops… Wal-Mart (crazy!), Whataburger (30 minutes wait in the drive through and they forgot our fries!!), Target (THE MOST CRAZY!!), Old Navy, Bath and Body Works, Kohls, JC Penny, Dicks, Bed Bath and Beyond, Chick-Fil-A, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart again, home! 

This year was much more crowded and crazy than last.  Target beat anything I have ever seen before.  I think it was the earlier starting shopping times.  People were more likely to stay up and go shopping than get up in the middle of the night.  After JC Penny, we didn’t wait in any lines. 

The Before…

photo 1

The after

photo 2

After I got home, I took about a 2 hour nap, then headed to pick up Hayden.  I was wishing I didn't take that nap.  I felt horrible.  Like I had stayed up all night.  Ha! 

I am not real sure how many deals we really got, but we had fun doing it!  I loved getting to shop with my SIL and checking in with my best friend Jen (by phone) throughout the night! 

4 comments:

Marla said...

How fun! It sounds so crazy to me, but I think I should experience it at some point in my life. ;)

Kristin said...

I agree with Marla... I should do it some point in my life! Maybe next year! But, lots of stuff loaded in your car!!

Jennifer said...

Loved shopping from afar with you too! :) After Christmas it will be us in person!

Yolanda said...

I had a blast too!!! Thanks for putting up with me all night long. LOL!! Love ya!!