Monday, November 7, 2011

No deer stories

We made it back home safely this afternoon after a great weekend away at the deer lease.  I didn’t see a whole lot and certainly no “shooters”, but we still had a great time.  Dad saw quite a bit more than me, but nothing worth the taking.  Yet.  :-) 

We attended two different hunter appreciation dinners.  One Friday night and one Saturday night.  Friday night, Dad won a gun (Remington 22).  Saturday night, Hayden won a gun.  A BB gun, but hey, its a gun!  ;-)  Hayden had the best time Saturday night.  They had a huge area for kids to play in the dirt and Hayden was loving it!  He and his daddy went around and around those huge wooden spools chasing each other.

photo 1 photo 2

Jeff and Dad both went to the doctor on Thursday to get some antibiotics before the weekend trip after had gone to the doctor on Tuesday for the same.   Jeff actually lost his voice over the weekend.  But, I think everyone is finally feeling better now! 

Hayden and his Daddy had some really great bonding time!  Jeff had gotten a buck earlier during bow season, so it was my turn to hunt this weekend.  I think it was so good for both of them to spend so much quality time together. I was pretty much just around for meals and naptime!  ;-)  They played with cars, trucks, trains, and animals!  Oh, and toothpaste boxes.  It’s the little things! 

DSC_0961

They also ate things like banana pudding pie for breakfast.  Oh my!

photo[1]

I think this baby was worn out after his weekend of hunting! 

photo 3

This Momma is worn out too!  Off to bed! 

No comments: