Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week Wrap Up!

Howdy Folks!  (Just thought I would throw that out there since the Texas State Fair started yesterday).  I am still working on talking Jeff into going!  I think Hayden would like it!  Or maybe I just want a fried snickers.  ;-)

I feel like we had a busy week, but I don’t really think we did THAT much! 

Monday, we spent most of the day running some errands and doing a little shopping Rockwall.

Tuesday, I went back to Rockwall to give one of my Thirty-One hostesses some information and do a little more shopping by myself.  I got to walk around Hobby Lobby in peace!  What a treat!!

Wednesday, I had to take Skooter to the vet.  He had an eye infection.  I love $80 trips to the vet!  :-/  Then, Hayden and I went to church for a meeting. 

Thursday, I think we may have stayed home. 

Friday, Hayden went to school and I went to Canton with some girlfriends!  This was Hayden’s first day to stay for “after care” at school.  Two of the Momma’s I went with had boys in Hayden’s class so we were all leaving them late.  I think that all made us feel a little less guilty about it.   Canton was very busy but a success.  I got some bracelets, earrings, a fun dressy shirt, a super cute leopard jacket, and a new cute little hat.  I am all about throwing on a hat these days!  I guess this trip ended up being all about me!  :-)  Oh, and I got a big wooden pumpkin to stick in the yard.   Jeff was actually off last night so he met Hayden and I at DQ for a treat after I picked him up from school.  Then, we played outside the rest of the afternoon while Jeff got the travel trailer ready to go to the lease.  We decided to go eat fish at the new place in town.  If you want my opinion of it, let me know.  :-)

Saturday, Jeff left in the middle of the night to go to the deer lease.  Hayden and I got up to go to Good Samaritan to see if we could find anything good.  We had not been in several weeks.  Hayden got a spray rig toy and I got some material to practice making rosettes.  We spent 25 cents.  Then, we hit a few garage sales.  {Great to see you Uncle James and Aunt Mary Helen).  Hayden found a Fisher Price Little People farm truck and trailer with some animals.  He has played with it all day! 

photo 1

Sad thing is that we spent more at Sonic on two drinks after our little garage sale adventure than we did on the things we bought out and about.  We visited Nanny for a bit.  Came home for lunch and naps.  We even took a nap together.  Sweet, sweet!  Played this afternoon.  Hayden had his first praying mantis encounter.  He thought it was super cool of course!

DSC_0421

Then we got cleaned up and headed out to Circle H for the best barbeque and then to a Celebrating Home party at a friend’s house. 

photo 2

Back to see Nanny and Granddaddy for a minute to show off Jeff’s picture he sent me of his deer he got tonight.  I know ya’ll think I am nuts, but I was in tears when he sent me this picture.  Not because the deer died.  Ya’ll know me better than that.  But, this was Jeff’s first deer kill with his bow.  I was so excited for him!  Check out that forked eye guard.  :-)

photo 3

Then, got the boy to bed and just finished studying my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.  I can’t remember if I have said anything about it on here, but I am teaching the Junior High girls class at our church.  Those sweet girls are a blessing to me!  I have learned so much myself!  I am not sure how much I am teaching them, but I love spending my Sunday mornings with them.  There are only about 4-5 girls that come regularly, but I am anxious to see our class grow! 

I think that about sums up our week!

2 comments:

Micah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

What the heck is a forked eye guard? Busy, busy, I can't wait to see y'all in a month!!! Next month Canton can be all about me :)

That was me signed in as someone else that I did a blog for :)