Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

Today was one of those days where everything just went right.  By that, I mean Hayden and I had a really good day. Not that every day doesn’t go right.  But, you know what I mean, right?  We spent the morning outside.  We played, and played, and played.  Hayden’s favorite new words, “Mommy, play” with whatever random toy he might have at the time.  We played with our pet grasshopper.  We absolutely do not like grasshoppers around here.

DSC_0227 DSC_0228

DSC_0229 DSC_0230

DSC_0231

We danced.  We jumped.  We bounced balls. We read lots of books.   We put together puzzles.  We learned new words.  (Well, he learned,  I taught). 

We learned how to do new things.  Like bake a cake…

DSC_0236

We blew on the hog call.  (His Daddy taught him that while I was gone last week.  Lord help us.  I am glad it isn’t noisy AT ALL.) 

DSC_0219

We went to the grocery store and went straight to the deli to get a cookie.  We chased each other.  We laughed and laughed and laughed. 

We simply had a very good day.  One I am so thankful for! 

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I love days like that!! By the way how did that grasshopper stay and not try to escape? Was it terrified to move :)

The Barner Bunch said...

Aren't those the BEST?!?! I love those days of just hanging out with my favorite little buddy!!!!

Marla said...

I know what you mean about those days that are just so good. Looks like ya'll had a great time!

Kristin said...

Love those days!!! They are priceless! How on earth did you get that grass hopper to stay still! Haha

Jennifer said...

That is NOT a real grasshopper is it? Sounds like a great day! Is that the first time you used your new mixer?

Jennifer said...

I feel the need to comment on the Mickey shirt. Is it Hayden's favorite? I know that boy has a closet full of clothes and he is always wearing that shirt in pictures.