Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas and Butterfinger Cake

I love finding new recipes!  I searched Kellys Korner Blog yesterday looking for new recipes.  She recently did a couple of link-ups for people to post their favorite recipes.  You can look here for main dishes and here for desserts.  I gained weight just looking at some of the desserts!  YUM!    

Last night I made these Chicken Enchiladas that I found here.  I am not a fan of sour cream by itself, but these enchiladas were REALLY good! 

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

3-4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (save broth)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of chopped green chilies (drained)
1 8 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. flour or corn tortillas (I use corn; they are great!)
shredded cheese
1 can green enchilada sauce
Boil chicken, shred and mix together in large bowl with cream of chicken, green chilies, sour cream, and 1/2 can enchilada sauce. Bring chicken broth to boil. Place tortillas (1 at a time) in broth. Spoon chicken mixture on tortillas and roll. Place in casserole dish and cover with remaining chicken mixture and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.  They were great as leftovers too!

I also made this Butterfinger cake that I found here.  I wouldn’t recommend making it.  You will probably want to eat the whole thing yourself and not share with anyone else.  Ha! 

Butterfinger Cake

Yellow cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel topping
3-4 Butterfinger candy bars
Cool Whip

Bake the cake mix according to the package. While hot - poke holes all over it. Mix together the sweet milk and caramel and pour over cake. Crush up the butterfingers and spread on top. Allow to cool and refrigerate. Once completely cool - top with cool whip.  *I ate it somewhat cool and then again cold.  It is better COLD if tasting better is really possible!  So YUMMY!!  :-)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Funny you made that cake, I looked at that this morning and told myself I am going to make that!! Too funny!!!
Glad to hear it was YUMMY!!!

Kelly said...

Can you come cook for us please? I miss cooking things like this. I just don't have time with my insane work schedule and I'm too tired to cook or do anything when I finally do get home. I feel like I am really missing out on a lot by working so much, so enjoy your time at home.