Monday, April 18, 2011

Hayden’s 2nd Birthday Party Tractor Style! (Part 1)

Hayden3 copy

On Saturday, along with many friends and family, we celebrated Hayden’s 2nd birthday.   One of Hayden’s favorite things in this world is a TRACTOR, so that is the theme we went with!

  DSC_0435 IMG_3574

Here is a little of the decor.  I had so much fun making his birthday banner.  I used my MIL’s Cricut to cut out the letters and shapes for me!  All I had to do was glue it together and tie the ribbons on!  I attached it to the glass with some suction cups I got at Dollar Tree.   I was a little nervous how it would hold.  But I got a package of about 10 suction cups for $1 and they worked GREAT! 

DSC_0011

I got his cake and cupcakes from Vicky Wade (a local lady) and I bought the fondant tractor cupcake toppers off of Etsy.  I used some old Mason jars to hold the plastic ware.  I got the wheelbarrow and black bucket at Hobby Lobby.  I just tied a little gingham ribbon on everything and called it done!  I used a black shower curtain I had for the table and a few bandana’s I got at Hobby Lobby too to add a little color here and there. 

DSC_0005

We used an old galvanized bucket to hold the party favors which included a tractor for the boys and bubbles for the girls, tractor crayons, candy, rice krispie treats, and a crazy straw.  Thank goodness for Jen!  She made my tags at midnight the night before when I knew I wasn’t going to get them done! 

DSC_0130

DSC_0135

I thought these crayons were super fun! I got them from Etsy too. 

DSC_0134

That bottom layer looked just like a square bale of hay!  It was SO GOOD! 

DSC_0008

I LOVED these cupcake toppers!

DSC_0007

Perfect pictures for the occasion!

DSC_0014

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Everything is WAY cute! I love the toppers! Those are different than what I thought. And the banner is supercute and the tags, well fabulous ;) Happy Birthday Hayden Luke! Oh, and I love his shirt!

Marla said...

Everything looks so good!! You have me wanting more! Can't wait to see the rest!

Lisa said...

Everything looks great! You did a good job!

Kristin said...

Everything was SO cute!!!

Tricia said...

Everything looked great. You are so creative, so I am not surprised. Hope he had a super fun birthday.

The Barner Bunch said...

You did GREAT (which I had no doubt in my mind that you wouldn't). The cake, the cupcakes, the pictures, banner, gift bags...EVERYTHING turned out so cute!
You're on duty to make Barrett's banner. I don't think I have time or patience to do that! haha
Can't wait to hear all about the big DAY!