Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hayden @ 22 Months

I can’t believe we are just two months away from our baby turning 2 years old!  Today while Hayden and I were at lunch, I had three different people tell me “You don’t have a baby any more”.  It’s true.  Our baby is not a “baby” any more.  I can’t talk about it. 

DSC_0351

We have seen Hayden change so much in the last month. 

DSC_0380

He has grown so much in his physical abilities.  He has gone from running everywhere to SPRINTING everywhere.  He is so fast.  I have a hard time catching him sometimes.   I know, the fun has only begun!  He can get on and off his 4wheeler with ease.  He is so close to being able to pedal his tricycle on his own. He can go up and down stairs.  He can climb up the ladder to his slide.  He is really trying to climb everything now.  He tries to get in the bathtub on his own and I have even seen him try to put his leg on the top rail of his bed.  Yesterday he must have been trying to climb out because he started crying a “different” cry during naptime.  I went in there and he had one leg stuck in between the rails close to the top and he was laying flat on his back.  Oh. Dear.  I am not ready for the toddler bed! 

DSC_0366 

His vocabulary has improved so much this month too!  He is naming so many things and expressing his needs/wants so much better.  He also communicates effectively with shaking his head yes and/or no.  Some new words this month…

Hayden, Heart, BayBay (Baby)  He says this for every baby animal he might see in a book or outside (mostly calves), Bad Boys (Police Bear), Hay (whenever he sees a hay bale), Doo-Doo or Doo-Der (Skooter), Baboo (Baboon), Hyna (Hyena), Doos (shoes), Need (he says this all the time, but now when we drive by Sonic), Want, Old (Cold),  Melmo (Elmo-on his toothpaste), Ouse (Mickey Mouse), Mal-Mart (Wal-Mart-Jeff hadn’t heard him say this until recently when we drove up at Wal-Mart and Hayden said “Mal-Mart”.  Jeff said, “Do ya’ll come here often?” Ha!),.  These are just some I can think of.  He is getting to where he really tries to repeat a lot of what you say.   He talks all the time! 

DSC_0349

Still LOVES to play PEEK-A-BOO!

DSC_0361

DSC_0362

He also started showing interest in watching a little tv. I know I shouldn’t be real happy about this, but honestly I am.  Sometimes, you just need a little something that will hold his attention for a few minutes.  :-)  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is his favorite and he likes Word World too.  When he gets on our bed, he lays back and points at the TV and says “Ouse” (Mickey Mouse).  He will watch it for a few minutes. 

Overall, we have seen a increase in his concentration level and attention span.

DSC_0352

Hayden is really starting to show affection more and I LOVE it!  We are still waiting on that “Love You” to come out of his mouth.  Tonight I asked him to give me a kiss and he did.  Sweet boy!   

He has really started dancing A LOT!  He now moves from side to side instead of bouncing up and down.  Anytime he hears music, he is dancing!  Here is a short video of him dancing with Bad Boy and showing off his new moves to his Nanny and Granddaddy.  Bad Boy and Hayden perform multiple times a day. 

We still have the paci.  Shauna, Hayden and I have a trip to South Carolina in a couple of weeks to see Jen.  I want to make it through that plane ride and trip before we tackle taking it away.  I am not looking forward to “operation bye bye paci” at all! 

DSC_0374 DSC_0370

Hayden Luke, words can’t describe the love we, and so many others, have for you!  You are such a fun little boy that is growing and changing before our eyes each day.  Your “sayings”, dancing, and quirky moves you make keep us in stitches.  Your laughter is so precious and simply contagious!  I can’t believe you will be two years old in just two more months.   Time flies when you are having fun!  WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

5 comments:

Marla said...

Very sweet post! I can't believe he {and Payton} will be turning 2 either!

That't the one thing that never gets old- just how fast the time flies. I can't get over it!

Jennifer said...

I thought you were going to say you wanted to ditch the paci at my house! Whew! That was a close one :)

Jayde said...

Our youngest was really attached to his paci too but the day he turned two I told him he was a big boy and that big boys couldn't have a paci and hid them away, he never looked back....and he is a really stubborn child so u just never know, best of luck!

Melissa Flanagan said...

I can suddenly comment again. Yea! He is so adorable. Love the dancing in the jammies!

Kristin said...

Can't believe he is going to be TWO!!!! Time really has flown by!! Makes me sad!!!

Payton enjoyed this post!!! :)