Saturday, December 18, 2010

Good Samaritan Saturday

Last Saturday was the first time I had been able to go to Good Samaritans in several weeks.  I picked Jen up that morning and we headed to GS before our girls day/night out.  I found this 8x10 frame (empty at the time) and stole the back and glass out of an old frame of moms.

  DSC_0416

It was already painted black and it was a perfect addition to our picture wall!  I also found another nice wooden black frame and gave it to mom.  I paid $3.00 for both frames. 

Speaking of our girls day/night out…It was so much fun!  Jen and I met up with Shauna in Dallas at our hotel, checked in, and headed out for a full day of fun.  We ate lunch at Luna de Noche (they have the yummiest salsas) then headed to Marshalls and Ross so I could make some returns.  Then, we headed to North Park with everyone else in Dallas.  Ha!  Not really, by the time we got there it wasn’t so bad.  We stayed there until closing time and then headed to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.   Oh so yummy!  We got in bed by midnight and slept until 9:45 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Holy Moly!   What a treat!  We went to breakfast in our pj’s (at the hotel) and then got ready for another day of shopping.  We literally went to every Target, Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx within a 60 mile radius.  Gotta love those places!  I made it home about 10:30 Sunday night.  That was the first time I had ever spent the night away from Hayden and definitely the longest I had ever been away from him.  I am pretty sure that Hayden and his Daddy had tons of fun together and it was a good break for Mommy!

Back to GS Saturday…

Jen and I met at GS again this morning.  It was another successful trip in my book!  Here are all the fun things I found today…

DSC_0413

Farm floor puzzle for Hayden, Puzzle for Jeff and I, Yahtzee (practically brand new), cheese dome cloche, little tikes truck, little people and several small cars, tool box with tools, The Giving Tree and  Bible for Me, and a Christmas serving tray. I spent $8.00. 

I just love finding these older items.

DSC_0414

The Little People Cowboy was from 1990.  The fire truck was from the 60’s and the tanker truck is from the 70’s (both made in Britain).  I think Jen got a Pepsi truck that matches the tanker.  The 90’s Cookie Monster School bus matches a few other Sesame Street cars that I had previously gotten from GS.  I just love them!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I want to go to GS. Maybe I should just make a trip to TX to go. :)

Kristin said...

I really need to go there!!!!!!!!!

The Barner Bunch said...

When/IF...I get a new house...you and Jenn are coming to help decorate. I'll be making some trips with you to the GS!