Monday, October 4, 2010

Fun with Friends-Day 5

We started our morning in SC back at the zoo.  It was MUCH less crowded than Saturday and we had so much fun!  I feel like we really were able to enjoy everything there!  They really offer a lot of things for the kids to do.  I was impressed!

First stop was to feed Chrissy the giraffe some lettuce.  Hayden loved watching her and even fed her once.  Landree was all about it!  She is a pro at feeding the giraffes.

DSC_0049DSC_0382 DSC_0051 DSC_0383 I think Landree’s favorite stop at the zoo is the carousel.  I can understand why.   It is so much fun!  Hayden wanted it to keep going!  He loved it too!

DSC_0066 DSC_0075

Hudson was hugging up to his momma.  So sweet!

DSC_0410

Jen talked me into feeding the birds some nectar.  It was such a weird feeling to have those birds all over you!  And they are SO loud!

DSC_0062 DSC_0397

DSC_0407 After visiting the barnyard animals, we were able to ride the train.  I think we all enjoyed it!  Again, Hayden didn’t want the ride to end!

DSC_0387 DSC_0390

Landree loved playing with the “lions” before we left.  Hayden was a little skeptical at first, but decided he would “pet” them. 

 DSC_0077 DSC_0416DSC_0423_edited-1

We had some tired babies after the zoo trip and lunch at Chick-fil-a. 

DSC_0426

After naps, Landree decided to play dress up and wanted the boys to join in.  Hayden literally walked (clanked) around in these glass slippers for about 30 minutes.  It might have been the funniest thing I have seen in my life.  I sent Jeff a video and needless to say he was less than impressed.  Ha!  Sorry Daddy, we were just having a little fun.  Landree made him do it. 

DSC_0430

   DSC_0438 DSC_0439 

 DSC_0446DSC_0452 DSC_0441

I think Hudson was a little jealous of Hayden’s look.  :-)

DSC_0450 DSC_0448  DSC_0442DSC_0451

Landree wanted Hayden to wear his “king” crown.  Even Jen wore her crown!

DSC_0428_edited-1DSC_0429_edited-1  DSC_0436

Jen made a pumpkin bread this afternoon that had pumpkin, applesauce, bananas, and a yellow cake mix in it.  She topped it off with a homemade cream cheese icing.  It was delicious!

After Hayden woke up from his nap and Landree and Hudson were still resting, Hayden grabbed my hand and walked me to the front door.  You think that is a hint??  So, I took him on a long wagon ride around the neighborhood.  Then, after dinner, the boys enjoyed an evening wagon ride around the neighborhood while Landree rode her scooter. 

Another fun-filled beautiful fall day!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like ya'll are having a GREAT time!! Love all the pictures! And love the ones with Hayden in the glass slippers!! Too cute!!

The Barner Bunch said...

Girl...you've been busy BLOGGING and having way too much fun!!!!
Glad to see that!
I can't possibly comment on all the posts...so I'll try to wind it up by saying...INCREDIBLE! It looks and sounds like you had an absolute blast! I think I need to go with you on your next trip. Even though we're not life long friends...we could pretend that I've known you my whole life! hahaha