Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yummy Beef Enchiladas

As promised, here is the recipe for our favorite beef enchiladas.  I originally found this recipe here on Kelly’s Korner Recipe Blog about a year ago.  I have made a few different ways and I feel like Sunday they tasted the best ever!!

DSC_0887

So, here is the recipe from Sunday’s beef enchiladas:

1 lb of hamburger meat

3/4 small yellow onion chopped (I use the rest for my guacamole)

One-half of small green bell pepper chopped (optional-I have also used green chilies)

One small can of chopped olives

One can of cream of mushroom soup

One can of GREEN enchilada sauce (You can use two if you like them to be REALLY saucy!)

One 8 oz bag of Shredded Mexican Cheese

One small package of corn tortillas (You can also use flour-but corn are less soggy and taste better to me!)

Brown the meat with the chopped onion and bell pepper.  Once that is done, remove from heat and mix in can of chopped olives.   Add 1/4 to 1/3 of can of cream of mushroom soup to your meat mixture.  Fill each corn tortilla with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese ( I like a lot of cheese!) then roll up.  You might want to lightly spray your glass pan before adding the enchiladas.  Add leftover meat mixture to the top of the enchiladas.  Mix green enchilada sauce with the rest of the cream of mushroom soup and pour on top.  Make sure the entire top is covered with sauce (otherwise the tortillas tend to dry out).  Top with remaining cheese.    Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until bubbly!  I serve it with mexican rice, refried beans, and homemade guacamole.  Delicious!! 

DSC_0888

These are GREAT leftover too! 

PS…I don’t typically like olives plain, on pizza, salad, etc.  But, I love these enchiladas!

My recipe for guacamole:

2 avocados

2 small roma tomatoes chopped

1/4 of yellow onion chopped

Jalapeno or Green Bell Pepper (just a personal preference if you want either of these)

Cilantro (to taste)

Garlic salt and pepper (to taste)

Squeezed lime

I love me some guacamole!  Do you do anything different when you make it??

Ok, let me know if you try the enchiladas and if you liked them!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

Ok....so my mouth is watering and stomach is growling. Those look so yummy....and that guacemole? Mmmmm!

Kristin said...

YUMMM!!! I am going to try them!! I will let you know how we like them!! I'm sure we will fall in love with them!!