Sunday, May 9, 2010

Our Mother’s Day…

DSC_0634_edited-1 I hope all of you had a great Mother’s Day today!  We did.  Hayden gave me a great Mother’s Day gift…having a good day in the nursery at church today!  He did cry when we left him, but was happy and playing when we went and got him.  Typically, he cries when he sees us walk back in to get him.  And cries on and off during the service.  Last week when we went, I was in tears with him because I didn’t know what to do.  He had pretty much cried the whole time we were in church.  I certainly don’t want him crying the whole time and I really hate that the sweet ladies are doing all they know to do to make him happy. But, what do you do?  Not go to church?   But today…a good day!  Thank you Lord! 

DSC_0635 After church, we went to Jeff’s Mom and Dad’s and had lunch.   They had a “pizza buffett” from Papa Murphy’s.  Jeff’s mom had picked up several different pizza’s for today.  They all looked really good!  But, I somewhat stuck to my diet.  I ate some salad and ate one small piece of a Chicken pizza.  Then, Jeff and his siblings worked on his Mom’s kitchen.   His parents are doing  a little remodeling and the siblings are giving their time and labor to complete the job as their Mother’s Day gift!  It has just begun!  I am excited to see how it all turns out! 

DSC_0636 Hayden and I then went to my brother’s house for another lunch.  Ha!  My SIL had mad Chicken Parmesan, tomato basil soup, spaghetti, Parmesan bread, salad, and there were several desserts! And, yes…again I stuck to my diet.  I did eat a small piece of Chicken Parmesan.  None of my mom’s homemade coconut or chocolate pie.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! ( Down 2 more pounds…13 pounds to go!)

Then, we worked in the yard.  Jeff sprayed the yard for bugs and I worked in the garden.  Our sweet little angel took a nap. 

I had cereal and Jeff had grilled cheese for dinner!  Sounds tasty huh?

Overall, a pretty good day!  I hope yours was too!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look so pretty friend! Happy Mother's Day! I love you!

Kelly said...

Megan, You LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope ou had a wonderful Mothers day.

Kaci said...

Keep taking him week after week. I work in the nursery at our church and it does take a while, but he will realize that he is safe and figure out that there are good times to be had!!!!!

You look so pretty in your picture!

The Barner Bunch said...

You look fabulous girl! Stick to it :) We'll be in binkinis by summer! ha
I went one whole day without a diet drink, but caved yesterday at Open House! ha
Other than that...I've done really good on my diet this week. Ha!