Friday, February 12, 2010

After the big snow...

I was speechless when I woke up this morning for many reasons!

One...no electricity
Two...Hayden was up and ready to play at 5:45 AM and I had had less than 5 hours of sleep. :-)
Three...The unbelievably beautiful sight outside!

It snowed for about 24 hours and our unofficial measurement was 8 inches. The official measurement at DFW was 12.5 inches. This was an all time record for Northeast Texas. I know people in the North are probably laughing at us, but it is such a big deal around here! I am excited Hayden is here to enjoy it too!

We lost power in the wee hours of the morning and it didn't come back on until 7:30 tonight. We had moved our gear to Mom and Dads this evening because they have a wood burning stove and had just gotten Hayden to sleep when it came back on. But, we decided to go ahead and "move" back home.

Here are a few pictures from this morning...

Amy, I agree...some of these do remind me of Christmas cards!

Out the front door...
DSC_0693

DSC_0691

Out the back door...

DSC_0686

DSC_0685

DSC_0688

DSC_0694

Across the pasture to Mom and Dad's...
DSC_0692

We were so excited and really got to enjoy the snow today. It was such a fun day! Snowball fights, snowman built, snow angels, eating snow, etc. More pics to come!

5 comments:

Taren said...

So pretty! I love the country and got to see much of it when we lived in Ennis. Dustin and I always went "driving around!" I love the post below of the road and trees in the coutry...perfect!

Kaci said...

I want to live where you do! Those are gorgeous pictures! Sorry about the electricity. I love all the pics of you and Hayden in the snow too! You're so cute!

Kristin said...

Those pictures are beautiful!! I had to get out yesterday and drive around just so i could see how pretty it was other than looking out the front and back door.

Poor thing with not much sleep. But I know that feeling.. Payton woke up 3 times last night crying. I don't know what was going on!! But it wasn't fun!!

Marla said...

I am loving all of those pictures! So beautiful!

The Barner Bunch said...

Yep...all of those pics are Christmas card worthy!
Have fun making those snow angels! ha ha
Matt, B and I went for an early morning drive today and almost ended up at your doorstep. We thought it would be fun to drop in unannounced. However, we didn't because we didn't have our directions (they were in my car) AND...we knew we would end up getting LOST! ha