Saturday, January 2, 2010

Success!

Hayden has recently become successful in self-feeding. Puffs and yogurt bites that is!

Pincer grip

Here is how it has all gone down in the past couple of weeks...

1. Mommy or Daddy fed me all my puffs.

2. Mommy has tried to put a puff in my hand, but I just look at it and wonder what I am supposed to do with it and why she isn't putting it in my mouth.

3. Mommy put some on my high chair tray for me to "look at" and I ended up with all of them in my lap.

4. Mommy put some on my tray again another day and I could pick them up but my fingers got wet and they just stuck to them. About 1/2 of them ended up in my lap.

5. Mommy asked Daddy to put some on my tray and Daddy said I couldn't do it, so he just fed them to me. YEA for me!

6. Mommy put some on my tray and I put one in my mouth! Only a few ended up in my lap.

7. Mommy put some on my tray and I ate them all...all by myself.

8. Mommy put some on my tray and I ate them so fast that she didn't even have time to get my cereal ready!

I am guessing we can start exploring finger foods a little. Hayden still doesn't have any teeth, but I guess we can do some soft foods. If you have suggestions, send them my way!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I don't know anything about starting food, yet... But I am guessing I will find that out at our next appointment. But have you tried the Baby MumMums? I just hand it to Payton and she eats the whole thing up and it is not messy like the biter biscuits. She loves them!!

Kelly said...

Kaden still only has two teeth on bottom, so I have been holding off on a lot of things, he is still eating a lot of yo baby and stage 2 baby foods. But, he loved the yogurt melts at first and it was SO cute to see him feeding himself. Then, once I finally gave him puffs (b/c I was scared he couldn't eat them w/out any teeth, he likes those better, and won't eat yogurt melts anymore!) The table foods we have had a LOT of success with include: plain baked sweet potato (LOVES THEM!); plain baked idaho potato (maybe a little butter :) Any kind of bean mushed up he LOVES! And, just last night, for New Year's, he had black eyed peas and loved them. Also, those Gerber Graduates puff chips (look like cheetos puffs) He is in LOVE with the zesty tomato, I opened a can in the store to see if he would eat them or not, to decide how much to buy, he ate half the can in the store. We have also fed him soft cooked fresh veggies. Other than that we are holding off for now in hopes of some more teeth!!! It's amazing what they can eat though, with No teeth. It doesn't seem to bother them, just us! Good luck and Go HAYDEN!

P.S. Kaden didn't get a tooth until his eighth month, and a second his ninth month, and now, today, we are in month 11 with still just two teeth!

Janiece Gasewicz said...

Too cute... It's so nice when they can actually do it themselves. I love that your husband kept doing it for him. That sounds typical...lol. But precious still.