Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our sick baby

Well, it is official. We have one-sick-baby! Saturday evening, Hayden starting with running nose, sneezing, and a little cough. We were at the deer lease and headed home first thing Sunday morning. Hayden slept almost the entire way home. Not normal! By Sunday evening, he was sick, sick, sick! Running fever, congestion, runny nose, etc. I slept in the recliner with him because he couldn't breath laying in his bed. Last night I put him in his carseat to sleep and he did do better. He would atleast sleep for 2-3 hours at a time. We tried to take him in to the doctor yesterday, but they said they said they were already double booked. GREAT! So, we took him this morning and his ears were clear and chest was clear. But, they decided to test him for RSV just to be sure. Sure enough, the test came back positive! So, home we came with a nebulizer and two prescriptions for it.

We have made it through two treatments and what I can tell you is IT-IS-NOT-FUN holding your screaming and fighting 7 month old down for 15 minutes while you complete the treatment! We get to do this every 4-6 hours. We go back tomorrow for them to check him again. As of right now, we will be taking the breathing treatments for a couple of weeks depending on he is doing of course. He does seem to be better tonight. They did tell us to not be surprised if he has an ear infection tomorrow. Evidently it is common with RSV. Hopefully he won't!

Please pray for our baby doll!

4 comments:

Marla said...

Geoff told me this afternoon that he was sick! I'm so sorry to hear it! We'll be praying for ya'll!

Jennifer said...

Bless his little heart! It makes me so sad!

Kristin said...

I am sorry, I know how tough that must be!! It is so hard seeing them sick. Payton started that mess on Friday and had it all weekend. But she stopped running fever so I never took her in. Now I am 2nd guessing myself if I should have taken her anyways. She is still coughing and has lots of snot coming out of her nose. hmmmm.

Keep us updated!

The Barner Bunch said...

I'm sorry to hear that. You're right, it's no fun having a sick baby...espeically at that age.
Just hold him, and try not to worry yourself. The breathing treatments and medicine will help a lot!
In the meantime, I'll be thinking and praying for you.
Call if you need anything.