Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mom Update #2 12-17-09

Well, Dad took Mom to the ER this afternoon. Even with the oxygen, she was having a very hard time breathing. Ya'll, it was so hard to watch her literally gasping for air. Her lips, face, and fingertips were turning purple off and on. Her oxygen level was staying in the low 80's. She was so uncomfortable, weak, nauseous, and literally shaking uncontrollably from being so cold (running a fever). When they got to the hospital her oxygen was back closer to where it needed to be.

Turns out, they think she possibly has pneumonia. They know her white blood count is high and she has an infection, so they are treating her with IV antibiotics. As of right now, they haven't decided what to do with the fluid on her body. She should see her regular doctor tomorrow so hopefully they will do something to get some of the fluid off as well.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

My heart goes out to your family. I hate to hear what your mom is going through. I'm praying!

Marla said...

We'll be praying for ya'll! She's been on my mind since I read your update last night. I hate to hear that she is going through all of this right now.

Kelly said...

Bless her sweet heart, she's been through so much. I hope you can stay calm through it all and have a merry christmas. Our KING is in control of it all! Love you guys and praying for you!

TerD said...

Please tell your mom that i am thinking of her and praying for her. I'm also praying for you; I know it has to be hard seeing her this way. I do check your blog daily, and I am keeping Dwayne and Deitra updated.