Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Funk!

I have been in a blogging funk and haven't done much of it lately!

Mr. Hayden has been in kind of a funk himself. We have had a week or so of some pretty L-O-N-G nights! Typically, he was still waking every 4 hours or so. Lately, every 1-3 hours. Sometimes more often. We can lay him down and he is back awake as soon as we lay him down or in 10-15 minutes. He immediately turns over onto his back (from sleeping on his tummy) and is not up for going back to sleep unless you rock him. We have tried letting him cry. We have tried shhhing and patting his bottom. I wish we knew the cause. I wish I could blame it on teething, but I am not sure that is what it is. We went a week ago to get his ears check again, they were great. A growth spurt? Spoiled? Needy? I don't know! We even tried filling him up with some cereal a few nights...that didn't work either. Thank goodness Jeff was able to take some shifts this weekend! We have both been sleeping in the chair with him some just so we can get some rest at night.

It is crazy to me that a couple of months ago Hayden was sleeping 5-8 hours pretty regularly. I know all babies are different and it is hard not to compare yours to others, but I have to say I am a little jealous of those Momma's that have babies that STTN! I am really not try to complain, just wish I has some answers for our baby doll. Thanks for listening!

I am praying for a good night tonight!

Side note: Hayden does still sleep in the same room as us because we don't have a choice. This will change soon when we get to move into the new house! Hopefully this will help us out some!

3 comments:

The Barner Bunch said...

Yeah, he's probably spoiled rotten! ha ha
Honestly, I think it's a growth spurt. Or, what about his naps during the day? Maybe you should try cutting one out.
Love the cute family picture in RED!
We miss you so much!!!!

Kristin said...

Sounds like he is spoiled, just like Payton. How long have you let him cry for? I know it is so frustrating, I have been in tears myself about it all. Last night Payton slept 9 hours straight, but went 10 hours without feeding. I let her cry herself to sleep, I know it is SO sad, and SO hard, but I am so glad that I did it now. I have only done it the past 3 nights and it seems to be working. I was not getting any sleep either.

It is probably harder for you and Jeff since Hayden is sleeping in the same room with ya'll. But once you move and can lay him down and shut the door, it may seem a little better.

I am no expert, I am not trying to sound like one, I just know what you are going through, and it stinks!

Is he napping during the day? A baby that is well rested sleeps better than one who hasn't napped. I was having that problem with Payton, heck I still am with her naps. I haven't started letting her cry herself to sleep or naps yet, but that is next on my agenda. I am just trying to do one thing at a time. That may not be the right way, but I am not sure there is a right or wrong way with our babies!!

Sorry this is so long! Hope it gets better for you, it will, just who nows when!!

Amanda said...

Not sure when he learned to roll over, but that is a stage where Ella would wake up and not be able to turn back over, which made her mad. Sadly I don't have any advice...I just remember having to get through it! It too shall pass. :) Seriously though, you will find (or I did) that with each stage (rolling over, teething, etc.) their sleep patterns will go back and forth. Hang in there, it will get better. :)