Tuesday, September 29, 2009

House Update 9-29-09

What happened to our estimated move in date of the beginning of August, then the beginning of September, and now it is already the beginning of October? We have done a lot ourselves so it has taken longer than we have liked. What I can say is we are getting soooo close! Jeff has been working like crazy day and night to get us closer to being done! I am limited on how much I can help with Mr. Hayden around. I usually go work when Hayden is taking a nap at my parent's house. Hayden is getting spoiled to taking naps on their bed. He sleeps like a champ on their bed! It is nice for me, so I have a little more time to get something done. He certainly doesn't take 2-3 hour naps at home like he does there. Jeff's mom also kept Hayden for the afternoon Saturday so I could help. Thanks Nanny and Nana!! We appreciate you!

Here is where we are...

Painting is done...touch up left.
Jeff, Dad, and I got the cabinets stained.
Polyurethane is a HUGE PAIN IN MY SIDE!!!!!!!! This was my job and I DON'T LIKE IT!!! Anyway, one coat of it is done on the cabinets. Sanding and another coat is left.
Lack a couple of light fixtures and all of those will be up.
Propane tank was moved in. We will have a gas tankless hot water heater and a gas furnace for our heat.
Trim and crown molding should be all finished tomorrow. He will have to come back after our floors are done and finish up a few things.
Bathroom tile is complete. We chose to do some peel and stick slate looking tile in there for the sake of time and cost. Jeff and his brother did this in about an hour last night and it looks great!
Shelving installed in bathroom linen cabinet.
Interior doors were installed.

What do we have left?
Cabinets-another coat of polyurethane-UHG!!
Counter tops-we bought everything we need for these this past weekend. We are doing a tiled counter top.
Floors will be installed this Friday.
Shelving and rods in the closets.
Paint exterior and interior doors.
Clean.

and...MOVE IN!!!!!!!!! We are soooo ready!

Again, I am a slacker and haven't taken any new pictures to post. I think I will wait now until it is all complete! Won't be long!

No comments: