Wednesday, July 15, 2009

3 Months!

Today is a special day! Jeff and I both celebrate a birthday today and our precious baby boy is 3 months old! My Oh My...where does time go? He is growing and changing so much each day! Hayden, we love you more than words can describe!

DSC_0714

DSC_0682

What is Hayden up to these days?

*Talking, cooing, smiling, and even laughing!
DSC_0646

DSC_0673

*Found his hands! He loves sucking on his hands and fingers.
DSC_0678

*Has discovered his tongue! He is like a lizard sticking it out all the time now!
DSC_0713

*Starting to grab on to things more. (Has a little silky that he has learned to grab on to when he is in his car seat and put into his mouth.)
*Drooling a lot more! Blowing bubbles too!
*Sleeping full time on his tummy and doing great with it!
*Can turn on his side from his tummy when he is in his bed.
*Rubs his eyes when he is tired.
*Not a big fan of naps. We might get 45 minutes-1 hour one or two times a day.
*Mommy still rocks me to sleep for naps and nighttime. I know, I know...
*Usually goes to sleep around 9 or 10 PM and gets up for the day around 9, 10, or 11 AM. (Maybe that is why he doesn't take too many naps!)
*Usually goes about 5-6 hours after his last feeding at night, then wakes up every 3-4 1/2 hours thereafter. Does great going back to sleep after feedings in the night. I am just working on balancing whether to stay up and pump after that last feeding or just let it be! I am always worried if I do pump he will wake up soon and I won’t have any milk!
*We can now tell the difference between the pitiful "I'm Tired" cry and the mad "I'm Hungry" cry. He now sometimes will have this horrible scream/cry if he thinks you left him all alone or even if Mommy or Daddy walk out of the room and someone else is holding him. He might be a little spoiled! Is that possible?
*Will follow you with his eyes/head as you walk around the room.
*Can sit up for a considerable amount of time while you are holding him.
*Spends time looking around the room while sitting up checking things out.
*Will try to use his hands/upper body to sit up when he is laying down on the changing table or laying back in your arms.

*Loves bath time! Just sits back and enjoys the pampering!
DSC_0647

DSC_0648

Weighs about 12 lbs (on our scale).
Wearing 0-3 months clothes. Won't be for long though!
Wearing size 1-2 diapers we get at Sams. Size 2 is just around the corner. Already???

Hayden brings us so much joy each day! We are so blessed to have such a precious healthy baby boy!

6 comments:

Kaci said...

He is precious Megan! I'm so happy you get to stay home with him.

The Barner Bunch said...

Love love love him! Look how BIG he is!!! The hat is just too cute, and the picture of 2nd pic from the top is my favorite. I love how you have his little hair comb over!!!
Can't wait to see you.
Happy Birthday to you and Jeff! What a GREAT birthday with your 3month old!!!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to you three! Hayden is precious! It all gets so much more fun from 3 mnths plus, you've got your routines established, sleeping patterns, and we all know so much about our babies by three months. We are to 5 1/2 months and they just get hilarious at this age, Kaden makes us laugh ALL the time now, he is SO funny! Glad ya'll are doing great! House is lookin' good!

Kristin said...

Knowing Hayden doesn't get up for the day until 10 or 11 makes me feel better. I was wondering if I was letting her sleep in too long, because I wanted more sleep! Ha! We don't get very long naps anymore either!

He is smiling so big!! So sweet!!!

Taren said...

Look how cute he is!!
You HAVE to get that 4th one framed!

Jamie said...

Hope you had a great birthday! I rock Langston to sleep, too. I feel like I need to break myself from it, but I love it!