Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mommy


Just wanted to give you an update on how I am doing. I am doing GREAT!! I have stopped all pain medication and am getting around great! My incision is doing well. Once the staples came out on Sunday, it made such a huge difference in my pain level! When I got home, I felt like my body had been beat though! My back hurting the worst. But, really, I feel great now. I have lost about 25 pounds since I had him. 10 of which were in the past few days. Tells you how swollen I was! I have taken some pretty good walks, but am still taking it easy. It is so hard to not do too much. Luckily, Jeff does so much and is so proactive! He is a little concerned that I am getting a little spoiled. ;-) I try to sneak in a nap here and there, but that is hard too because I want to take advantage of the time I have when Hayden is sleeping to get some things done or catch up on a TV show. What is haunting me right now, are all the "thank-you" cards I need to get finished. I feel so bad that they aren't all done and I definitely want our friends and family to know how much we appreciate them!

My mom came over on Friday so Jeff and I could go on a "date". We needed to run to Rockwall and mom volunteered to come watch Hayden for a few hours. We went to Target, Lowes, Bath and Body works for soap (We have never washed our hands so much!), Dicks Sporting Goods, Wal-Mart, and Chiloso for lunch (yummy!). It sounds like a lot, but we knew what we needed and were in and out in no time in each place. We knew Hayden was just fine with his Nanny, but we felt like we needed to get back home to him. Jeff was joking saying that was the quickest shopping spree I had been on! I was definitely worn out and ready for some Hayden lovin' and some rest when we got home!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So do you think we'll have a 17 hour shopping trip again anytime soon? :)

You look awesome! I've missed your friend. Jeff is out of town so it's been a busy few days. I'll call you tonight or tomorrow to check in.

The Barner Bunch said...

Do not worry about thank you cards! ha We'll accept a thank you via email! That's good enough.
Miss you!
Can't wait to come visit soon and hold that baby boy!