Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ankles, oh Ankles, Where Art Thou?

The swelling has officially begun and may I say how attractive it is! It actually really began in my feet about two weeks ago. And for my hands, about three weeks ago. But instead of it happening in my feet at the end of the day some days, it now makes its presence in the morning everyday! What a beautiful thing it is. UHK! I have about 3 pair of shoes I can wear these days (brown reef flip flops, black reef flip flops, and some ballet slipper shoes).

I definitely can't wear any any rings on my hands. :-( The swelling in my hands has recently caused a lot of joint pain in my hands and wrist. My left wrist is even swollen and is probably the most painful of it all. At night it hurts so bad that I literally feel like it is broken! I can't even use it to pull up covers in the night. I am guessing the swelling has put pressure on tendons or something. Has anyone else experienced this? I talked to my doctor about the joint pain in my hands and he said he had the perfect cure for me! I was excited! Then he said, "In about 6 weeks, you will be good to go!". Thanks Doc, really!

How do I feel otherwise? I am making it! I am definitely to the point where I am ready to have him here! Not sleeping real great, much more tired at the end of the day, much more pressure, waddling all the time, and some braxton hicks contractions. 5 weeks to go, so I guess in reality it could be any time. YEA!! I don't see my doctor for another week. At that point, I am guessing he will check me to see if there has been any progression. SO EXCITING!!!

I go tomorrow to get a sonogram. I haven't had one in three weeks, so I am super excited to see how big he is! I feel like he is 10 pounds, but I am sure he isn't quite there although it is definitely my biggest fear that he will be really big at delivery time! Jeff and I were both 8 lbs, so maybe not! :-)

And...I just had to include some new pictures of Skooter and Chloe with their new "Summer/Get Ready for Hayden" haircuts.

Doesn't he look sad? I think he might have an idea that his life is about to change!!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Megan! I was a lucky one who experienced lots of swelling as well! It will go down after delivery, but it takes about a week or so after, it doesn't go away immediately. Also, not to scare you but REALLY keep an eye on your blood pressure with all the swelling. I have an expensive PINK womens automatic blood pressure machine if you want to borrow until after your delivery day! I know it is hard, but REALLY sit as much as possible with your feet up! Take it easy and take care of you right now. Your ALMOST THERE!!! Hopefully, your little boy will be a little boy and not a big boy like mine! Do you really think you are going to work until the 17th of April??? Take care. love, Kelly

Jamie said...

Megan, I feel so bad for you! I haven't had any swelling yet, but looking at the pic of your feet made me hurt for you. I agree, you need to prop your feet up and TAKE IT EASY! Maybe your little man will be here sooner than you think!

The Barner Bunch said...

OH MY! You poor thing. Keep them propped up girl.
The dogs look great...and ready. Little do they know, but they're in for a rude awakening! ha